Options

Italy

Thinking of going to Italy in September. First time. Any suggestions on which Tauck to take. Will be traveling alone.

Grandma Ruth

Comments

• Options
    Since this will be your first trip to Italy -- I would recommend the Classic Italy tour without hesitation. We took this tour several years ago. It covers a lot and is an excellent overview of some of the highlights of Italy. There is a good mix of touring and free time to do whatever you choose. Great trip!
  • Options
    I have heard and read great reports about pretty much all of the Italy tours that Tauck has. We went on the "Classic Italy" tour, and also recommend it without hesitation!

I posted a review of our trip at http://www.1mpages.com/ReviewTauckItaly.html. Although it was in 2008, I think much of the information will still be helpful and give you some insight into what you will experience if you choose that one.

Have fun!
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Italy’s great food, beautiful countryside, fabulous wine, and long history make it an excellent country to visit. I fall in love with it every time I visit.
    I love the vineyards in Florence, the ancient streets in Rome,

italy Destination :

Cinque Terre
    Florence
    Milan
    Naples
    Pisa
    Rome
    Sorrento
    Venice
  • Options
    I concur with the recommendations for the Classic Italy tour! You will not be disappointed! Too many "favorite things" about this tour to post but if this particular tour is too long for your wishes, I'd suggest any tour with a "Florence" component. Florence is easy to walk and has so much history, art and architecture to enjoy. Shopping and dining opportunities are also plentiful in Florence and we felt very safe walking the streets of Florence at night.
  • Options
    Have done several Tauck Tours (all of them very enjoyable and first class), but I believe Classic Italy may be the BEST! Cannot go wrong with this choice.
  • Options
    Thinking of going to Italy in September. First time. Any suggestions on which Tauck to take. Will be traveling alone.

Grandma Ruth
    Hi Grandma Ruth: I would like a companion to take the one week in Rome, Florence, etc. I took this trip in July 2005. It was wonderful. Tauck has never disappointed me..I've taken eight Tauck trips..Only problem was that it was very hot in Italy in July, and although we stayed at fine hotels, air conditioning was sparingly administered. Even the bus was hot. Grandma Ida
This discussion has been closed.