Options

London and Paris April 29th

We are trying to pack light as we have 2 days before tour and 2 days after to pack for.
Is it necessary to pack a sports coat?

Comments

• Options
    gige1 wrote:
    We are trying to pack light as we have 2 days before tour and 2 days after to pack for.
    Is it necessary to pack a sports coat?

My wife and I are on this tour on April 29th; in another post, Scorpio S indicated a sport coat would be appropriate for the evening in London when we attend the theatre. I am not looking to pack one, but I guess it is needed.
  • Options
    We (husband & I) took this trip in July '10 & it was 60/40 for sportcoats w/ 40% wearing their jackets. Some wore them for the Welcome & Farewell dinners but many wound up on their chairbacks as soon as the dinner started. Most did not wear them to the theater, many opted for dress slacks/dress shirt instead. Bottom line is, if you want to dress up wear your jacket but if you want to relax a bit more you will be fine w/ dockers/dress shirt. Enjoy yourself, it's your vacation after all!
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

When I posted that a jacket would be a good idea for an April tour vs. a June or July tour, it was because the weather in London would be cool to cold at night in April. We were there in July and my DH did NOT take a sport jacket and tie. He did wear dockers and had a wind breaker for the boat ride at night in Paris. There were about half the men wearing sport jackets to the theatre in London and to the welcome party. It is your vacation and you can wear what you want.

Sheila

This discussion has been closed.