musical trip on the Danube

A friend and I are going on this trip on May 24. Anyone going on this date?
We would like to hear impressions from earlier travelers on this musical tour

My email is djm2@cox.net

Comments

• djm wrote:
    A friend and I are going on this trip on May 24. Anyone going on this date?
    We would like to hear impressions from earlier travelers on this musical tour

My email is djm2@cox.net

I went 2010... almost by accident, not even aware that the trip was so focused on
    classical music, The trip was fantastic ! The ports were beautiful, the music can be
    enjoyed at any level... You can partake in all of the music activities, or pick & choose
    what you want to do .. many of the cities are walking or short distances from where the
    ship docks...

I even used the bikes on board & rode along the river.. into the local cities where possible
    etc. enjoy... This trip was one of my favorites..
  • Thanks Sandy. It is always nice to know that others have enjoyed a trip I am taking.
  • Hi djm,

We know two separate couples who have taken this Musical Magic Along the Blue Danube river cruise tour and loved it. They came back with glowing reports about Tauck and this tour. We have booked our second river cruise with them for August -- Bucharest to Budapest. I know you will have a wonderful time!

Sheila
  • We are so looking forward to the trip. !
  • We are also on the May 24 sailing. My wife is a professional classical musician and has been in these areas before.
    We are preceding this trip with a Rhine cruise on the new Uniworld Antoinette from Basel to Amsterdam, spending a
    few days there & flying to Budapest for Tauck. If you would like to discuss details the email is poorard1@comcast.net.
  • Hi, Sheila -

I just finished writing a post to you and Irwin on the Bucharest to Budapest forum and here you are again! This trip, Musical Magic Along the Blue Danube, is the 2nd half of our vacation, from Budapest to Prague!

Kathy Steinberg
    ScorpioS wrote:
    Hi djm,

We know two separate couples who have taken this Musical Magic Along the Blue Danube river cruise tour and loved it. They came back with glowing reports about Tauck and this tour. We have booked our second river cruise with them for August -- Bucharest to Budapest. I know you will have a wonderful time!

Sheila
  • Hi Kathy,

You will really love the second part of your Tauck river boat trip. Our good friends thought it was really wonderful. We didn't go with them since we had already been to Poland, Budapest, Prague and Vienna on a land tour with Tauck a while ago. We decided to take this river boat trip from Bucharest since my husband's family was originally from Romania. Thank goodness his family got out in the early 1900's. The scenery will definitely get better as we sail towards Budapest.

See you in Bucharest.

Sheila
This discussion has been closed.