Any solo travelers for Tuscany and Cinque Terre trip May 18 - 25 2019?

This is my first Tauck trip and I'm wondering if I'll be the only solo traveler on this tour.

There seems to be a lot of non scheduled time built into the trip... does the Tour Director make recommendations for things to do / restaurants to go to / etc during the unscheduled times?

Also, I'm flying into and out of Rome FCO. Does anyone have any recommendations for good, reliable private transfers from Rome to Florence at the beginning and then Sienna to Rome at the end?

Thanks!

Comments

• edited October 2018
    This is my first Tauck trip and I'm wondering if I'll be the only solo traveler on this tour.

There seems to be a lot of non scheduled time built into the trip... does the Tour Director make recommendations for things to do / restaurants to go to / etc during the unscheduled times? Yes. But do some research on your own now, because if you decide to do extra stuff in Florence, especially visit the Duomo complex (5 attractions- one ticket. Duomo museum is part of your tour) you should get tickets and in some cases schedule an entry time for head of the line access, before you go. If you decide to return to the Uffizi Gallery in Florence on your own after visiting with Tauck in the morning on Day 2 and are unable to get tickets from the hotel concierge, you'll end up wasting a lot of time in the ticket line. Search the archives, I've posted more details on this on the Classic Italy, Small Groups forums.

We went in 2016 the week after you and things were starting to get busy- we ate lunch on the duomo piazza and watched as the line to climb Brunelleschi's dome grew and wrapped around the duomo. With the tickets we purchased weeks prior we went to the head of the line a few minutes before our designated climb time and got right in.

link to Duomo complex website and place to buy tickets

Also, I'm flying into and out of Rome FCO. Does anyone have any recommendations for good, reliable private transfers from Rome to Florence at the beginning and then Sienna to Rome at the end? See my response to this question in your other post

Thanks!
  • I added new info to previous post.