Options

Day in Lisbon

My wife and I are on the June 15th tour and are arriving in Lisbon on the 12th. Anyone arriving early and would like to do touring of Lisbon? Any recomendations?

Comments

• Options
    Sorry that I did not see your post earlier but I have not been monitoring the Tauck website for the past several weeks. My wife and I do not arrive in Lisbon until the 14th, so you will be well acclimatized by the time we arrive. Based on some earlier posts, we are contacting a tour company called Lisbon Explorer to do one of their tours on Friday morning (the 15th) before hooking up with the Official Tauck tour which I think starts at 2:00 pm. We have zeroed in on the three hour 'Hidden Lisbon' tour which departs at 9:30 from a square downtown about a mile from the hotel. It does not seem to replicate too much of what we will be seeing with Tauck.

There is another tour that they offer - Around Alfama - which looks interesting but is only offered in the afternoons so it does not fit into our schedule.

Hope your travels are smooth. Looking forward to meeting you in Lisbon. Hmm. Maui Golfer. That's an intriguing moniker.
  • Options
    Hi Maui Golfer. I have been in touch with a second tour guide in Lisbon, Joana Bretes. You can check her and her partner out at Trip Advisor. Their tour operation is known as Lisbon Spirit and the nine reviews are quite positive. They have a tour called Beyond Tram #28 which explores an older section of Lisbon that looks quite interesting. She is willing to meet us at the hotel after our return from Sintra. Tauck tells me we should be back about 1:30 and she suggested meeting around 3:30 or 4:00, taking the subway down to the old town for a 3 hour tour, then maybe some wine tasting with some real Portuguese cheese, sausage and bread OR a nearby restaurant for dinner. I have booked her but she would be happy to expand the group from two to four people. Please let me know.

Have you checked out the day trips to Fatima? You are arriving several days before us and would certainly have the time to take a day's excursion.

Bob Mepham (rgm1714)
    rgm1714@earthlink.net
  • Options
    Maui Golfer . . . with your user name, you may be interested in playing while you're in Marbella. My wife and I took this tour in 2010, and I got in a round at the Santa Maria Golf & Country Club while most of our group lounged on the beach. Our tour director was great in helping me with the tee time, transportation, etc. I have pictures on my web site at http://web.me.com/jerry_rabinowitz/Portugal_and_Spain and there are some of the course. Im sure that you'll have a great time. If Joe P is your tour director, please say hello to him for me.

Jerry Rabinowitz

• Options
    rabo wrote:
    Maui Golfer . . . with your user name, you may be interested in playing while you're in Marbella. My wife and I took this tour in 2010, and I got in a round at the Santa Maria Golf & Country Club while most of our group lounged on the beach. Our tour director was great in helping me with the tee time, transportation, etc. I have pictures on my web site at http://web.me.com/jerry_rabinowitz/Portugal_and_Spain and there are some of the course. Im sure that you'll have a great time. If Joe P is your tour director, please say hello to him for me.

Jerry Rabinowitz
    If I can find another to join me I will
This discussion has been closed.