Tauck's Updated Travel Policy (September 14, 2020)

edited September 14 in Announcements

There have been many questions, comments and concerns about the Coronavirus in these forums over the past few weeks. Please know that Tauck’s experienced and dedicated Global Response Team, committed to the care of our guests, has been monitoring and meeting regularly to review this ever-changing situation. We appreciate your patience while we work on the best possible solutions for those guests impacted, and those who may be impacted in the future. As always, the health and wellbeing of our guests, and the health and wellbeing of our employees around the world, are Tauck’s very highest priorities. To that end, Tauck would like to share some important policy adjustments, effective August 6, that will allow us to serve our guests more effectively at this time https://tauck.com/travel-updates

Comments

• Emily - it would be nice if you posted a changelog or what's been updated in the Travel policy updates.

• Thanks again, Emily, for the update. I hope you were not impacted by the massive power outage. Warm regards to the entire Tauck team.

• It has been well over 2 weeks since the last update reference travel over Christmas so please let us have a more current update. Thank you!

• Trying not to be rude but what is the plan over Christmas??

• edited August 26

Tauck does not monitor the forum regularly. Call them

• Having just read Tauck's newly released required traveler "Travel Well Pledge" and "Waiver for Liability for COVID 19", makes my decision to cancel an upcoming trip easy, as under no circumstances will I sign or travel subject to these policies.

• My guess is this will become the norm with all travel tours.

• That seems likely. It will also be a significant disincentive to many potential travelers, keeping them on the sidelines, myself included.

• From a business standpoint, travel companies do not have complete control over Covid and I understand that they need to protect themselves. It will be a disincentive for some but the The Travel Well Pledge encourages personal responsibility which, if adhered to, may be a positive.

• I have had to sign several documents recently to say that if I get Covid, I can’t make a claim on the company, or in the Dr or dentist office. We already sign documents with Tauck when we sign waivers for things like balloon rides. I’m more concerned, that if we require treatment for Covid on a Tauck tour, that there is an insurance to cover it, which they don’t seem to offer right now.

• Remember, too, that waivers are almost always held invalid in protecting a vendor from gross negligence.

We expect to have to sign waivers before we travel again (as we frequently have for potentially riskier activities like the hot-air balloon flight with Tauck on K&T). But, as always, we will be paying attention and looking out for ourselves and not just depending on the tour company to provide an absolutely safe environment.

• To me the waiver is a bit of a side issue. The important decision is whether one wants to travel while there is no vaccine, and whether all of the precautions and anxieties outweigh the travel experience. The travel product that is being offerred isn't the same one we put down our deposits for, if we signed up before the outbreak. I wonder what proportion of folks fall on each side of that issue.

• We all have different opinions, beliefs and risk levels. For me, I am not the least bit offended by being asked to "certify" that I will abide by certain common sense protocols to mitigate the risk of contracting COVID-19 as travel resumes. Of course I shall wear a mask, wash my hands frequently and distance myself. I will do this to protect myself, my family, my friends and my future Tauck travelers and Tauck staff. It is not intrusive; it is common sense.