2022 Oberammergau Back to Back Riverboat and Land Journey

edited February 27 in Solo Travelers

Looking at the Tauck website some 2022 Tauck Trips are listed as sold out and limited.

By accident I was connected to the most wonderful Tauck representatives last week when I called in regarding 2 Tauck 2022 Trips that had been priced, itineraries posted and that I had two weeks to confirm or cancel my reservations.

I had lots of questions on the Riverboat Cruise and Land Journey I had booked and paid deposits on for the Oberammergau Passion Play 2022 plus an alternate Riverboat Cruise that did not include the Passion Play.

My original questions was which Oberammergau Passion Play should I cancel and what back to back options were available.

Early in our discussion she confirmed that I was a solo traveler and reviewed details about all 3 itineraries and asked if I would consider an alternative Oberammergau Passion Play land journey.

By the end of our conversation she had confirmed that I was booked on the Amsterdam to Budapest by Riverboat (including my preferred Single Room category 1, Emerald Deck, #109), that my original Romantic Rhine & Oberammergau Riverboat Cruise and the Romantic Germany & Oberammergau land journey had been cancelled, and my 2021 The Ultimate Alps & Dolomites had been cancelled and rebooked for the 2022 Ultimate Alps & Dolomites & Oberammergau.

My fellow Solo Travelers,
this is the 4th time I have sought out the help of a Tauck Representative for planning back to back tours.

The lessons learned are:
let Tauck help you select a tour based on your needs and desires;
and Sold Out or limited may mean that there is a Solo Traveler spot available
even when you were told when making your original reservation they were all sold out.

Comments