Options

River cruising

We are booked in Oct for the Rhine & Moselle trip. I am concerned I will not like it as well as Ocean cruising. Someone convince me.

Comments

• Options
    We did the Rhine/Moselle trip last June and we loved it! We had been on the Danube cruise in 2008 and liked that one alot, but the Rhine cruise is very special. You see many beautiful things and a wide variety of sites. We were on a different ship than you'll be on, but I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.
  • Options
    We did the Amsterdam/Budapest cruise last September and I can assure you that you will thoroughly enjoy yourself. Cruising with Tauck on the rivers of Europe you are treated like very important individuals not part of a herd of sheep as happens a lot on Ocean Cruises. There is so much to see and do with history, art and great food and people at every stop. Relax and when you come back tell us all how your fears were misplaced.
  • Options
    We got home on Monday from the Amsterdam to Budapest river cruise. We are not great lovers of cruises since you see so very little of the countries visited. In the case of this river cruise we visited many small towns and large cities and really got to know the landscape and the people of central Europe. We learned a lot, were never bored and gained a few pounds from the fabulous food. Tauck really knows how to do things right. This was our first Tauck vacation.
  • Options
    You're in for a wonderful surprise. We've done several ocean cruises where a couple thousand passengers are trying to eke out an individual experience. With less than 120 people on a Tauck river cruise (there were only 101 on our Rhine-Mosel cruise May 3-16), the personal attention of Tauck and the ships staff is amazing. Long lines for food, a backed up bar, packed shuttles, trying to get on popular tours, back-ups at the pursers office and the hordes of other big-ship inconveniences are nonexistent. Expect to be wowed.
  • Options
    When in oct are you going Precious? My friend and I are going from Amsterdam to Basel Oct 6.
This discussion has been closed.