Options

Earthquake affecting trips

Has the itinerary for the Bellissima Northern Italy changed because of the earthquake of May 20th?

Comments

• Options
    We, too, had been wondering if the earthquake would impact the Bellisima Italy itinerary. We are on the Sept. 1 tour and while it is a few months away, it's concerning. We'd appreciate Tauck's input.
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

Sunday's earthquake could be felt across the region, but luckily for Tauck groups, this did not affect any journeys currently operating in Italy. Therefore, we also predict no changes to the itineraries of any upcoming departures. Tauck will continue to monitor any additional developments in the region. If there are any further updates, or required changes the Tauck home office will notify all guests.

Sincerely,
    Tim
  • Options
    Thanks for your response, Tim.
  • Options
    We just got back from the May 25 trip. We had a minor detour but stayed on the itinerary as planned. There were a couple of churches that were blocked off but for the most part it seemed like a non-event over there. It's a fabulous trip!
  • Options
    Thanks for the update Flgirl, my wife and I are on the August 4th tour, and we were a little concerned.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Flgirl wrote:
    We just got back from the May 25 trip. We had a minor detour but stayed on the itinerary as planned. There were a couple of churches that were blocked off but for the most part it seemed like a non-event over there. It's a fabulous trip!

Thanks so very much Flgirl for your feedback. We've been watching the situation in the hopes that things have settled down for the sake of those who live there and are impacted as well as those of us on this tour. Our tour is Sept. 1. We hope you had a marvelous time!
  • Options
    We too were on the May 25th trip and had a great time. I'd like to expand a bit on Flgirl's comment about the detour. Because of considerable damage to the Ducal Palace in Mantua, we didn't go into Mantua and instead visited the Ferrari Museum in Maranello. For the Italian art lovers on the tour it was a great disappointment to miss seeing Mantegna's frescoes, one of the art masterpieces of Italy. I have read on the web that the Ducal Palace is closed indefinitely.

Barbara
  • Options
    I am glad to read that your tour was enjoyable and was not affected by the earthquakes. My wife and I will be experiencing this tour on June 23rd.
    We have toured with Tauck before and was interested as to what the dress attire was for the days on the Lakes. Were shorts and capris appropriate?
    Your input will help us packing for the tour.
  • Options
    Hi mdbabs and bunk,

Good hearing you had a great time, mdbabs. For those art lovers on this tour, no doubt, it was disappointing to not be able to visit Ducal Palace. We're hoping by the time we take this tour, Mantua/Ducal Palace will be back on the schedule.

bunk, I hope you and your wife will have a wonderful time. My husband and I are taking this tour Sept. 1. If you'd be so kind as to post updates and any helpful information upon your return, it would be most appreciated.
  • Options
    Hi bunk,

On the Lakes, shorts and capris are perfectly appropriate daytime wear. Stresa on Lake Maggiore was one of our favorite places on the tour.

Barbara
This discussion has been closed.