EMPIRE OF THE INCAS-Would you care to introduce yourself-I am russ white

We are on the June 10-23 Lima/Lima trip. We would like to know something about our travel companions.
I took a trip to many of the same places, in the Andes, back in 1973 staying at much less opulent hotels. We have traveled with Tauck before to Antarctica and India and are looking for a similar outstanding experience.
I am a retired Professor of Geography from Hunter College and my wife is a retired NICU nurse.
If the tour director is reading these posts I would like to know if free wireless internet is available in any or all of our hotels.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Hi Russ,

You can find information about internet availability on the Empire of the Incas: Peru & Bolivia itinerary page, towards the bottom, in the "Need to Know" section, located under "Destination Information."

However, it's a bit of a risk, to bring your laptop on this trip (or anything containing a hard drive). Most hard drives work safely up to 10,000 ft (3,048 m), but many locations we visit on tour are at higher elevations than 10,000 feet. If you do decide to bring your laptop with you, make sure you back up your data and store it in a safe place before you go!

Hope this helps!

Best,
    Tim

---
    Edit: Thank you, Judith! My mistake. I edited my post accordingly.
  • I am going on an Oct Peru/Bolivia trip. Asked Apple about hard drive risk and was told since neither the iphone or ipad has a hard disk, there will be no problem with altitude.
    Judith
  • We did this tour in May with Tauck and I was worried about taking my pc. I took our HP mini and had no problems with the altitude and hard drive (and I did use my pc a lot)...
This discussion has been closed.