Options

What absolute items of clothing should you pack for Alpine Interlude tour in September, 2012?

Comments

• Options
    Hello Babsy,

The weather in the Alps is temperate and unpredictable. In September, the average temperatures for the regions range from the mid 70s to the low 50s.

We suggest that you dress for comfort and convenience with a wardrobe that is flexible and allows for layering. Casual, cotton clothing is recommended. A warm sweater or jacket will provide warmth on a chilly early morning walk, a late night stroll, or a hike at high altitudes. In Europe, especially in finer restaurants, it is generally customary to dress somewhat formally. Slacks or a dress for women and a jacket for men are acceptable dining attire. It is advisable to avoid wearing jeans, sneakers or shorts to dinner. You may also wish to dress up a bit for the welcome reception and the farewell dinner, but by all means be comfortable.

Following is a list of recommended items to pack for your trip to the Alps:
    · Sports jacket for men
    · Casually-elegant outfits for ladies
    · Short and long sleeve shirts
    · Shorts, slacks and jeans
    · Tee shirts · Socks
    · Light or medium-weight sweater for summer; warm, heavy-weight for spring and fall
    · Light-weight jacket for summer; medium-weight for spring and fall
    · Light-weight gloves
    · Comfortable yet sturdy walking shoes that have already been broken-in
    · Raincoat and rain hat · Collapsible umbrella
    · Swimwear · Gym wear

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    My wife and I are going on this trip too and really looking forward to it! Randy Mitchell
  • Options
    Emily, is it possible for you to email this info to me? I can't figure out how to copy it from this site. If you know how, that would work too, thanks. Randy Mitchell
    Hello Babsy,

The weather in the Alps is temperate and unpredictable. In September, the average temperatures for the regions range from the mid 70s to the low 50s.

We suggest that you dress for comfort and convenience with a wardrobe that is flexible and allows for layering. Casual, cotton clothing is recommended. A warm sweater or jacket will provide warmth on a chilly early morning walk, a late night stroll, or a hike at high altitudes. In Europe, especially in finer restaurants, it is generally customary to dress somewhat formally. Slacks or a dress for women and a jacket for men are acceptable dining attire. It is advisable to avoid wearing jeans, sneakers or shorts to dinner. You may also wish to dress up a bit for the welcome reception and the farewell dinner, but by all means be comfortable.

Following is a list of recommended items to pack for your trip to the Alps:
    · Sports jacket for men
    · Casually-elegant outfits for ladies
    · Short and long sleeve shirts
    · Shorts, slacks and jeans
    · Tee shirts · Socks
    · Light or medium-weight sweater for summer; warm, heavy-weight for spring and fall
    · Light-weight jacket for summer; medium-weight for spring and fall
    · Light-weight gloves
    · Comfortable yet sturdy walking shoes that have already been broken-in
    · Raincoat and rain hat · Collapsible umbrella
    · Swimwear · Gym wear

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    Hello Brink,

Sorry I missed your posting, I have emailed you the packing list from this post.

Best,
    Emily
This discussion has been closed.