Options

After Foodie Tour

Does anyone know approximately what time the Foodie Tour ends on Day 9 in Sydney? We were hoping to maybe do the Bridge Climb later that afternoon or doing the twilight climb. Thank-you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Hello TL19711,

The Foodie tour on Day 10 ends around 2:30 in the afternoon.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    Emily,
    Also see other question about Sydney and Foodie Tour. The written brochures says Day 10 is Foodie and 1/2 day free but the current online brochure for 2012 trip (we are taking the october 29 tour) says that day 10 is a full day free in Sydney.

For planning purposes, which is it? Thanks.
  • Options
    Hello CL and DL,

As of last week, the Foodie tour was moved to day 9, leaving day 10 as a free day in Sydney.

The website is more up-to-date than the brochure as product changes made after publication are reflected on the website for accuracy.

I hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    Does that mean that in Sydney there is now a 1/2 day with nothing on day 9 followed by a full day with nothing on day 10? So the Australia tour basically ends half way through day 8???

• Options
    We just got back from the Grand Australia and New Zealand Tour, and did the Foodie Tour on Day 10. Our Foodie Tour ran a little late. We skipped the meat pie stop in order to make our Bridge Climb appointment. But, we were driven to as close as we could get to the Bridge before we walked the rest of the way to make our appointment time. A time of 2:30 in the afternoon is a better time than we had of 12:30. We did our Climb at 2:30 and had a wonderful experience. Be sure not to plan to have your camera along because they are not allowed. And, no keens, or open-toed shoes because they will require closed toe shoes. But, they have loaners that we borrowed for the Climb. Enjoy.
  • Options
    Excuse my ignorance but what is the bridge climb that everyone is talking about? I don't see it on the itinerary and would like to know how I go about setting up an appointment. Is this something that I have to reserve independent of the Tauck tour?
  • Options
    People are talking about Sydney Harbour Bridge, Buzz. As far as I'm aware, this has nothing to do with Tauck. It is something some intrepid bridge fans like to do, because it's there, it's big and possibly because Oprah did it;)

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    Hello Buzz,

Jan is correct, this is something that is not offered by Tauck. Here is the link to a company that people are doing the bridge climb with: http://www.bridgeclimb.com/Default.aspx

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, Jan and Emily.
  • Options
    Hello CL and DL,

As of last week, the Foodie tour was moved to day 9, leaving day 10 as a free day in Sydney.

The website is more up-to-date than the brochure as product changes made after publication are reflected on the website for accuracy.

I hope this helps,
    Emily

Will this change apply to the Sept 10 trip? I am now thinking of making reservations for the bridge climb and it would give me more flexibility and make more sense to do that on day 10 if that is going to remain as an entire free day.

Thanks.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Hello Buzz,

Yes, this change will apply to the September departure. So, Day 10, will be a free day. Here is a the link to the full itinerary, in case you need it: http://www.tauck.com/tours/australia-travel/australia-tour-na-2012.aspx

Hope this helps!
    Emily

• Options
    Thanks Emily. The link does not work but I assume if I'm checking the itinerary online, it's current.
  • Options
    Hello Buzz,

Yes, the itinerary online is current.

Thanks,
    Emily
This discussion has been closed.