Options

Walking - week in Spain

We have taken many Tauck Tours and are looking forward to our week in Spain, but it is becoming increasingly difficult for my husband to walk long distances due to a replaced hip, which did work well. Did folks find this trip to be a strenous walking one, are there places or ways he could sit these out?

Comments

• Options
    I went on the Week in Spain trip two years ago. There was a lady in the tour who had some difficultly walking, and there were a few occasions she had trouble handling it. At one point, she had to call a cab herself because she couldn't do the remainder of the walk. However, we went in June, so I think the heat may have contributed to her difficulties. I didn't feel like the walks were very strenous or very long, and there seemed to be enough occasions to sit when necessary.
  • Options
    Thank you for your feed-back. Hubby was beginning to get cold feet, pun not intended. Thanks to your encouraging post, final payment has been made, he will just sit out the longer walks.
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear it! I think you'll enjoy the trip. If you do have any concerns about the walking, just let the tour guide know. They can usually give an idea of how long you'll be walking and how hard it will be. This will let you know ahead of time if you want to sit it out. It's usually easy to wait and meet up at an assigned point.
This discussion has been closed.