Alpine Interlude vs. Switzerland tour

My husband and I have travelled many times with Tauck and enjoyed every trip. Can any one recommend Alpine Interlude vs. Switzerland tour? Any pros and cons will help us tremendously deciding which of these great tours to take. Thank much

Comments

• My husband and I have travelled many times with Tauck and enjoyed every trip. Can any one recommend Alpine Interlude vs. Switzerland tour? Any pros and cons will help us tremendously deciding which of these great tours to take. Thank much
    We haven't taken both tours, but we did take the Switzerland tour last year and it was wonderful. We had the same question prior to choosing the Switzerland tour as you and picked Switzerland because we had already seen the Austria portion of the Alpine tour as well as Oberammergau on previous Tauck Tours. If we were in Switzerland, we wanted to see the Matterhorn and St. Moritz which are on the Switzerland tour and Isola Bella in Italy was also a nice treat.
    I realize this in not the answer you are looking for because we haven't been on both, but in the event no one else answers, I can at least assure you the Switzerland tour is a good one.
    Let's hope someone that he taken both tours will respond.
    John
  • Thanks, John, for your input. glad to hear your Switzerland adventure was a great one.
  • I chose the Alpine Interlude instead of the Switzerland tour because I wanted to include Austria as well. I felt like the Alpine Interlude covered enough of Switzerland, so I didn't feel like I missed anything. I think it comes down to whether you'd rather see the Italian Lakes (Switzerland) or Austria, the Dolomites, and Linderhof Palace/Oberammergau (Alpine Interlude). I plan on going back sometime and doing northern Italy, so I felt like I would see the Italian Lakes in the future and would rather see Austria now. I just got back from the trip, and I thought it was great.
This discussion has been closed.