Snowmobile Tours on Free Day 5 in Yellowstone

Can arrangements be made in advance for rental of snowmobiles for the free day {5} in Yellowstone -- are there half day rentals available? Xanterra does not show tours for Tuesday, the day that we will be there- - has Tauck made special arrangements? - -Thank you.

Comments

• In regard to snowmobile availability on the Wonderland: Winter in Yellowstone tour, I had a problem when I took the tour in Feb. 2012. The NPS limits the number of snowmobiles they have available each day and on my tour group's "free day," all NPS snowmobiles had already allocated to another group (even though I had called Yellowstone myself months in advance of the tour). I then called the Wort Hotel (Jackson Hole) concierge and arranged for him to reserve a space on a all-day (100 miles) snowmobile excursion of Yellowstone on the last day of the Tauck tour (I had to give up snowshoe trekking, but the snowmobile experience was terrific).

Therefore, I suggest that if you really want to snowmobile in Yellowstone, you need to make arrangements well in advance (Jackson Hole snowmobile companies are NOT under the same restrictions re snowmobile numbers as is the NPS/Old Faithful Snow Lodge).
This discussion has been closed.