Options

Extra Day in Sorrento-what to do?

We are arriving a day early in Sorrento and are looking for guidance on the best use of our time. Should we spend the day going over to Capri? I have heard some say it is a tourist trap and other people say don't miss it. Do you have enough time the 1st day on the tour with Taulk in Amalfi or Ravello? If not would we be better off spending more time the extra day seeing some of the sites along the Amalfi coast?

Comments

• Options
    My husband and I got to Sorrento a day early and went to Capri. You can catch a ferry near the hotel. The concierge has a timetable and also some tour info. When we arrived it was too windy for the Blue Grotto, so we had a nice lunch and did a bit of sightseeing on our own. You can take a tour but steer clear of the folks who try to sign you up on the boat. We were there at the end of April so there were not many tourists. The tour spent quite a bit of time in Ravello including lunch and it was quite lovely. Less time was spent in Amalfi. You might consider Positano, or even Naples if you are interested in the Archeological Museum.
    Nancy
This discussion has been closed.