classic new england tour

My husband and i are taking the classic new england tour in August & i would like to know for the 1st night the brochure says meet at a coctail reception. What type of clothing do we need to have?
Also, we will be in Boston for 2 days prior to the trip what would you recommend that we visit that will not also be on the trip? Also, what are the meals like on the trip.
Many thanks.
SandChoc

Comments

• Hi SandChoc,

I did the Classic New England last June, so your weather will be a little different!

For the cocktail party, don't fret. I'd say smart casual for the gents and the ladies can indulge a little more, if you get my drift. It's always nice to be able to wear that special travel outfit you packed just for the smart occasions. And you can wear the same thing again with different accessories for the farewell dinner!

As for meals, I'd suggest you check the brochure or this web site for the exact details, or indeed your own travel documents if you already have them. But generally speaking, meals always include breakfast, most dinners and most lunches.

For extra sightseeing in Boston ... you lucky things! Boston is a wonderful city with such a rich history. The Museum of Fine Arts and the Isabella Stewart Gardiner Museum are personal favourites. The Acquarium of New England is great fun. For a walk, wander down from your hotel to the Back Bay area for some wonderful town houses, exclusive boutiques and streetscapes. You can walk parts or the whole of the Freedom Trail. The Boston Common is lovely, too. You could take a jump on/jump off trolly ride. The included sightseeing will take you past many of these sights and stop for photos at some. You could go to the Cheers bar if you're feeling nostalgic! Then there are all the sporting sites ... ice hockey, baseball ... you'd know them much better than I do. And don't forget Boston's great food. The day scollops are to die for.

Cheers,

Jan
  • My husband and I are going on the Classic New England tour followed by the Cape Cod tour starting next week. I had a similar question about clothes for the cocktail reception as well as the farewell dinner. Smart casual for gents .....does that mean a sport coat or can we do without? My husband would love it if he didn't have to wear a coat. Thanks.
  • I live in the Boston/Cape Cod area and I hope you enjoy the fall in New England as much as I do. I would think he might want to bring a sports jacket of some sort for it is getting cool here in New England. There is so much to see and do in Boston before the trip starts. So many good restaurants. The Legal Harborside is the new one that is getting raves especially if you like seafood. If you don't, try the scrod. That is a very mild fish. You might want to take a Grey line tour although I don't know if that would overlap with Tauck. Hope you enjoy my part of the country. Let's also hope that weather cooperates. The weather for next week looks good. On the chilly side but you should enjoy every moment.
This discussion has been closed.