Options

Paris hotel

Can anyone comment on the hotel in Paris? Some of the online reviews have been less than stellar.

Comments

• Options
    Hello CLee,

Are you referring about the InterContinetal Paris Le Grand? I looked on TripAdvisor, and the reviews are pretty good. Did you have a specific concern? Please let me know how I can help.

Best,
    Emily
  • Options
    We stayed at the Intercontinental Paris Le Grand last summer on our London/Paris tour and it was wonderful!! The staff couldn't do enough to make the rollaway bed for our granddaughter more comfortable. The location is fab and I even got a chance to do the English Opera House tour (across from hotel) which I've been wanting to do for years. What type of concerns do you have? There is also a Starbucks one block away where they have almost free wi-fi.

Sheila
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    My husband and I stayed at the InterContinental Le Grand a few years ago and the property, service and location are stellar! No need for concerns as this is a beautiful hotel offering impeccible service. And, very close to the Old Paris Opera House and within fairly easy walking distance to the Louvre. In addition, if you like the use of hop on/off busses, the hotel location makes the use of these sightseeing busses effortless.
  • Options
    I usually take reviews with a grain of salt, I understand that you just can't make some people happy. That being said, I read a review from earlier in the year that was a little disturbing. The reviewer had experienced unwanted "guests" in his bed. It was just one review and I'm trying not panic. I'm glad to hear the positive feedback.

Thanks so much!

Cindy
  • Options
    CLee wrote:
    I usually take reviews with a grain of salt, I understand that you just can't make some people happy. That being said, I read a review from earlier in the year that was a little disturbing. The reviewer had experienced unwanted "guests" in his bed. It was just one review and I'm trying not panic. I'm glad to hear the positive feedback.

Thanks so much!

Cindy

Wise to take these reviews with a grain of salt.

In all honesty, I worked, prior to recently retiring, for InterContinental Hotels Group. I am well aware of the various reasons and methods used to post negative reviews on numerous sites by competitor hotel properties in an effort to sway guests away. In addition, there exists an element of people who are disgruntled for one reason or another and post negative reviews to make hotel properties look bad.

We adored the Le Grand, not because I am biased, but because the property was truly lovely.

We will be taking our 3rd Tauck tour in Sept. and have loved the properties chosen, and chosen carefully. I would be amazed if Tauck ever chose a hotel that was less than excellent. Tauck takes fine care with every detail.

Wishing you a great time!

Denise
  • Options
    Denise,

Thanks for the reassuring words. This is our first time with Tauck but from everything I've heard they are a first class operation. I'm going to stop worrying and get back to planing our trip. I'm counting the days to September!

Thanks again.

Cindy
  • Options
    dear CLee,

Welcome to a fabulous Tauck experience! We are leaving on number 18 Tauck Tour in several weeks. You are in very capable hands -- please report back here after your first tour with Tauck and let us know how it went!!

Sheila
  • Options
    Any feedback on the Hilton Arc de Triomphe hotel? It's is the hotel of choice for Tauck on the river cruise from Monte Carlo to Paris? Concerned about the reviews seen on the Hilton...
  • Options
    Hi Stu,

Have you checked tripadvisor.com to see the recent comments? I haven't heard anything bad about this hotel on Cruise Critic's river boat threads.

Sheila
  • Options
    We will be on the London to Paris tour on July 14, 2013. We booked 2 extra nights at the Intercontinenal Le Grand in Paris (and 1 extra night in London). The reviews on Trip Advior seem over-whelmingly positive to me, except comments regarding excessively small room sizes. My understanding is that we will have Opera View rooms during the tour and we booked the same for our extra nighs in the hope we will not have to change rooms. Are these nice rooms with a view? I don't believe we will have access to the concierge floor, which seems to include food & beverages, from what I have read. Many reviewers indicated that it was worth paying for an upgrade - probably not an option while on a tour though.

• Options
    To Baw55,

We booked an extra night using American Express points at the Intercontinental. We stayed in the same room as we did with Tauck. The Hotel is wonderful and is right across from the Paris Opera House. If you have never seen it before, do so with an Engish tour. It is magnificent and has recently been redone. Ask the concierge for the times.

It's a good thing that breakfast is included with your extra days booking, because food is very very expensive and the breakfast is about $35 American each person. We ate dinner at a wonderful Cafe across from Starbucks since it was a Sunday and most places were closed. We used the internet at Starbucks because it was about $30 American each day at the hotel.

Have a great time!

Sheila
  • Options
    We will also be on the July 14th tour and are looking forward to it. Regarding clothing: do we need a medium weight jacket for possible cool days/nights in London and Paris? Thanks look forward to meeting new folks on tour. We are retired seniors and this is our first trip with Tauck and first visit to London and Paris.
  • Options
    I'm another traveler on the July 14th tour and looking forward to meeting everyone. My wife and I are both retired and this trip is also to celebrate our 50th anniversary. Some of our neighbors have used Tauck and have been very pleased. We'll be arriving two days early in England and will travel to Nottingham to visit the churches and grave sites of my maternal ancestors.
  • Options
    We will be on the London Paris tour this week - going a day early. First Taulk tour and have only heard possitive vibes - looking forward to a wonderful vacation
  • Options
    We are going on this Paris/London tour on July 7th, this will be our 6th Tauck tour, you are going to love it. Looking forward to your reviews of this tour.
    NJK
This discussion has been closed.