Options

Bucarest pre cruise tours

We will have several days in Bucarest before our Sept. 30, 2012 river cruise. In planning some side trips

we need some information about the included trip to Transylvania. Do we make any stops at nearby towns?

Do not want to duplicate the places Tauck will be taking us.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Beavergal,

There has been very little on this board or on cruise critic by people who have taken the Bucharest to Budapest river cruises. I went to tripadvisor.com and learned about what museums or sights were important to see. We are also arriving earlier before our river cruise. We will be returning on the 30th of August and I will be happy to report back here as to what we saw and a more detailed account of the trip to Transylvania. Day 2 is a choice between the castle or the Monastery. I can tell you what people experienced on either tour. On Day 3, the choice is either the Black Sea and Constanta or the city tour which includes the People's Palace, home to the Romanian Parliament and the world's second largest building after the Pentagon. We will not go to Constanta since we went there on our Oceania Black Sea Cruise. So, if you were going to Constanta and the Black Sea, you would miss the city sightseeing if you did not do that by yourself on your extra two days. That day you will end up at the ship.

Sheila
  • Options
    Have a great trip Sheila and I look forward to your report upon your return.

Rod
  • Options
    Thanks, Rod. Should be a very interesting one. Eastern Europe is not as beautiful on the Danube as the other river cruises. My DH's family was from Romania, so we decided to go there this time.

Sheila
This discussion has been closed.