Anyone on the December 17th Grand Australia?

Looking for folks on the Grand Australia? I will be traveling with my dd, 15, and myself, just turned 39 for the nineth time.

Comments

• Happy birthday, Tammy! ;))) What a great present to share with the DD!

Cheers,

Jan
  • edited August 2012
    Thanks! I am really excited about this trip.
  • Hi Tammy,

A belated happy birthday! I am going to be on the December 17th tour. Traveling by myself - 31 here.

Best wishes,
    Raj
  • We are on the Dec 17th trip........ looking forward to it! Does anyone know if the hotels we stay in provide a hairdryer?
  • Hi Spiritgirl,

I would be horrified if hotels here didn't provide such a basic amenity! So that should save you worrying about at least one set of converter plugs! Besides, you are staying at some wonderful properties.

I know Tauck confuses you by putting Australia and New Zealand in with the exotic trips like African safaris. I don't know why they would do this ... it's really quite insulting. It's like classifying us down under as a third world region. Or Brazil as a non-industrialised economy! Good grief!

I can reassure you of our civilised status by telling you that we have had universal suffrage since the 1800s and fully plumbed bathrooms for at least a year, now. ;)))))

Have a great trip. You are in for a real treat!

Cheers,

Jan
  • Spiritgirl wrote:
    We are on the Dec 17th trip........ looking forward to it! Does anyone know if the hotels we stay in provide a hairdryer?

Welcome! I haven't even thought about a hairdryer, I guess I just assumed that they would be in the hotels. Good question!
  • Hello There,

Hairdryers are indeed available at all hotels on this trip.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Just got back from this trip. Had a great time. There are hairdryers in every hotel, but sometimes hard to find. And there are plenty of places to wash clothes on the trip. In Sydney great resonible place to leave clothes and have them wash and dry (very reasonable if you don't want to take time out and wait for washer/dryer).

We had great weather. And a great group.
This discussion has been closed.