Completed Grand Alaska Tour

I have just completed the Grand Alaska Tour. What a wonderful trip .Absolutely beautiful .Tauck does a superb job.
If anyone has any questions or would like to see some pictures let me know while it's fresh in my mind

Comments

• Would love to hear more about this trip. Name your top 5 most favorite sites/moments!
  • Wow! that's tough .We saw so much of the beauty of Alaska
    Well here goes not in the order of favorites

1) Float Plane ride over glaciers

2) Train ride to Denali National Park

3)Rafting through eagle preserve

4) Denali National Park

5) Glacier Bay National Park

I could have a list of 20 & still leave something out

Are you taking the trip ? I'm going thru my photos now .I've catalogged 400 .I only have 3000 left
  • did you "dress" for the formal nights on the cruise portion? Tux, suit, sports coat?
  • Tylerspapa wrote:
    I have just completed the Grand Alaska Tour. What a wonderful trip .Absolutely beautiful .Tauck does a superb job.
    If anyone has any questions or would like to see some pictures let me know while it's fresh in my mind

We just completed this trip and were thrilled with the activities and Tauck. Our favorite activities were:
    1. visit to the Porterfield Homestead
    2. visit with the Tlingit native people
    3. visit with Jeff King at the Husky Homestead

All of these gave considerable insight into life in Alaska. These are not necessarily activities I would have chosen if I had only been on the Princess cruise and had to select from among shore excursions, but they turned out to be the highlights for me.
This discussion has been closed.