Australia and New Zealand Nov. 12 trip

Will we need special plugs (I have one that says Australia/New Zealand) and a converter in order to charge an Iphone and iPad?

Thank you-I would be lost without being able to stay in contact.

Comments

• Hi Roz,

You need the bit of the plug that goes into the wall ... ;) ... and it sounds like you already have that. That's the adapter plug. (I have a whole bag full for different parts of the world ... in multiples!) You shouldn't need a voltage converter ... that's covered by your phone's side of the thing. It's usually a big, lumpy part of the charging cord. Anyone can tell I'm not technically skilled!!!

I travel with an Apple Air and all I take with me is the appropriate adapter plug for the electrical outlet/wall socket. I just plug it into the original plug before I leave home and leave it there for the duration. I don't know about phones per se, but I would think you would only need the Aussie/Kiwi plug for the iPad.

By the sounds of it you're good to go. Literally!

Cheers,

Jan
  • If your plug says 100v-220v it only nds and adapter not a converter from what I am reading. Most modern devices cameras, laptops, all the i stuff phones, pads, pods are made to be used universally.

I chckd the weather in Melbourne 1st leg of the trip in the mid 60's to high 70's the days I will be there and only chance of rain. In Sydney predicted temps are 75.

Got to get finished with the packing today will not have anytime before I leave Wed. morning.
This discussion has been closed.