Options

Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand March 1, 2013

Hi fellow travelers,
Was wondering if there was anyone out there in cyberland that was traveling on the above tour date. It's always nice to connect with others that you will be spending two weeks with. :-)

Comments

• Options
    Dear traveler,

I'm booked on the March 1 departure, and everything is done except for my innoculations. I'm getting mixed informatiion on that. The CDC seems to recommend Hep A & B and Japanese Encephalitis, but some folks on the Tauck message board also recommend malaria propholaxis. How about you? What are you going to do, and on what basis?

Look forward to meeting you in Hanoi.
  • Options
    Hi Cowboy,
    I went through Passport Health and they do a whole program of when you are going, the areas you will be visiting and any particular health issues that the areas are experiencing now. I got the Hep A & B shots, the oral typhoid, and the tetanus. The Japanese Encephalitis and malaria aren't issues during the time frame that we will be there. They did suggest I spray my clothing with bug repellent, and make sure I take plenty of bug spray and be sure to use it! :-)
    I'm kinda surprised that these forums aren't more active. It's always fun to connect with people prior to the start of the trip and share info and get to know a little about everyone.
    On the innoculations---I would suggest you check into your A & B asap as it requires two shots prior to the trip to be effective.
    Let me know how it goes and if I can be of any other help.
This discussion has been closed.