Viet Nam, Cambodia & Thailand - December 14, 2012

Hi - I am participating in the Viet Nam, Cambodia and Thailand trip starting 12/14/12 and you would love to communicate with some fellow travelers before we start. I arrive in Hanoi on 12/12. Please reply if you are on the trip - Louise

Comments

• Hi Louise, We are also on the December Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand tour. We arrive in Hanoi on 12/13. Looking forward to meeting you and touring this part of the world. Marc & Irene
  • Marc & Irene - so glad to hear from you. I arrive very late at night on 12/12. We do not meet the tour until 6:00 on 12/14 - so I am taking a great cooking class on 12/14 - http://hanoicookingcentre.com, it got great reviews on tripadvisor. Contact me at louisejfl@gmail.com if you are interested in meeting for dinner on 12/13 or taking the cooking class. Looking forward to meeting you. Louise
  • Hi Louise, Thanks for the nice note. We don't arrive until the evening of 12/13 so dinner will not be possible that evening. Think we'll just rest up on the 14th after the long flight. Look forward to meeting you at the kickoff dinner. Marc & Irene
  • Hi All,

Looking forward to meeting you all. We're arriving late on the 13th so unfortunately won't be able to make dinner or a cooking class. See you at the welcome dinner.

Arline and Larry Barsh
  • hi friends!
    Just join tauck. and read your post. Your trip sounds really very nice. i have been there last year and enjoyed a lot. It is really a cool idea to hire a travel agent. It maximizes our travel experience and minimize our stress. Hope you all have fun.
  • edited December 2012
    Hello everyone!

I did this tour 2 weeks ago, is fantastic!

Is very well planned and everything is first class. To start the tour guide Larry is incredible! with very good knowledge of countries, it is a pleasure to travel with him. Larry takes care of everything always with a smile and millions of jokes... He is a character! for him there is no impossibles, if you need reservations or anything out of what is included with Tauck , he is the man !! he'll make them for you and will do the best., if there is any suggestion he listens and delivers... He is like an angel always taking care of us.....

Hotels are all very good and well located, activities all very well-planned, the tour visits the most important sites and temples in each city. I, as a solo traveler and also independent.. was concern about traveling with a group and how my time was going to be manage.. and I have to say Tauck did a great job, I never felt like time was being waist. They do schedule everything to keep you going....

Meals are plentiful OMG!!! all you do is eat...:) , with tauck nobody dies of hunger... the rest. all very good, I particularly was not to impressed with the French Rest. in Saigon but it's my opinion... at the Four Seasons the best rest. It is the Terrace and the best gourmet food of all was @ Hotel Residence in Hue, young Belgian Chef... AMAZING!.

Flights!: inter flights.- aircrafts are all new impacable service and great flights, depart. times resanable.

Buses are nice , new and do not miss the decor.. specially the ones in Thailand.... love it.

One thing! the Shangri La ,great hotel has a happy hour free drinks and appetizers @ 5:30 pm every day... do not miss it.
    But for breakfast go to NEXT2 the buffet rest. in the other towel , food is EXCELLENT. breakfast @ the Kh. tower not good, service slow, food always cold. take a 4 min. walk to the other tower and indulge on the best buffet ever.... :) huge!!

The photographer .. in my case Mr. Love..... is great and very funny. I got awesome pics. @ the Angkor Wat.
    I never had to use any Deet, no mosquitos any where... Yes, only drink bottle water.. and Tauck will provide lots as well as the hotels.. I rinsed my toothbrush with bottle water all the time.. and just to let you know, no one got sick on our tour...
    If you are interested in temples.. Chiang Mai is a great place to see some.. the is a company I hire for the 4 temple tour about 4 hours that is excellent. see www.chiangmaitraveltrailtours.com
    I did the tour on the elephant day.. since the afternoon is @ leissure. They picked me @ the resort. brand new car and well spoken guide. great English.

OKay! this is all.

Enjoy your trip.
This discussion has been closed.