Options

Visa info for Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand tour

Is it worth the extra money to purchase my visas through the Visa company that Tuack suggests, or deal directly with the country's embassies directly?

Comments

• Options
    Hi,
    We got our Vietnam visas (looseleaf) easily via mail to the DC embassy. Cost about $85 each plus mailing. Download the sample applications from the Tauck/Pinnacle site. We are now waiting to get our passports and visas back from the Cambodian DC embassy. They are taking too long and are unreachable via phone or e-mail. Only $25 each but now I'm worried. We don't leave until late Jan. so still time.
    LTJGGJC
  • Options
    Hi. My trip is late Jan. I booked this trip about 6 months ago and wish I had looked into the visa business then. First I got incorrect info (from a travel agency) that I could get the visas in NY where I live. One can only get the Vietnam one in NY. Cambodia Visa must be sent away or go to DC. You do not need one for Thailand. Then came Storm Sandy which put us out of commission for 2 weeks. To make a long story short I went on the Pinnacle site and found out that you need 4 blank pages in your passport for the visas and could not use the back endorsement pages. Right - now I had to renew our passports AND get the visas. Too short on time to do myself. Pinnacle is doing it all and it is costing, but they were very helpful and if I leave my phone no., they call me back. I am laughing about it now. I am well-traveled, but I guess there is always something new to learn. Also, it you call Tauck, they have a special department that knows about Visas. Good Luck
  • Options
    Hello Again,
    Today I found that my return package from the Cambodian Embassy is in the mail. Should have it by mid-week. If it is in order, I will have spent about half price vs Pinnacle with only a few days of worry. Best of luck and have a great trip. Bmancini, I think you are on our Jan. 28th departure. Sorry for your trouble. Looking forward to meeting you.
    LTJGGJC
This discussion has been closed.