Options

November 10th tour anyone?

Guess I'll break the ice and see if anyone responds... I would love to hear from others that are going or have been in the past.

Comments

• Options
    We will be joining the 11/10 tour. Hope to see you then.
  • Options
    Hi Kathy,
    We just got back from Egypt last night.
    What a wonderful time, weather this time of year was great.
    Egyptian people was so glad to see us, they are suffering on the touristism.
    People would come up to us and say thank you for visiting.
    This was my 11th trip with Tauck, and it is up there as one of my favourites.
    Hairdyers come with the rooms. I took my umbrella, but didn't use it a sun hat was fine.
    I am trying to think of things you may want answered.
    Buses are delux. Hotels are first class. food is great. something for everyone. I am vegertarian, there was
    always fish on the menu.
    I lknow you will have a wonderful trip.
  • Options
    Glad to hear we're going to have company Linda - not that I figured we'd be traveling alone!

Also happy to hear that you had a great time crown. We are so looking forward to this trip. This will be our first trip with Tauck so its always nice to hear from a "satisfied customer". I've been following the weather and it does sound great. Did you happen to do the balloon ride? Fingers crossed that the wind and the weather cooperate.
  • Options
    Hi Kathy
    Yes we did the balloon ride. make sure you get there early so that you can see the sunrise. our driver was a little late. , But never the less we had a beautiful photo op, flew over the v alley of the Kings.
    I am still getting over jet lag. so excuse spelling etc
    I just cannot say enough about this trip.
    Tauck certainly takes care of you, and I know you will be taking more trips after this one.
    I am getting excited for you.
    Maureen
  • Options
    crown wrote:
    Hi Kathy,
    We just got back from Egypt last night.
    What a wonderful time, weather this time of year was great.
    Egyptian people was so glad to see us, they are suffering on the touristism.
    People would come up to us and say thank you for visiting.
    This was my 11th trip with Tauck, and it is up there as one of my favourites.
    Hairdyers come with the rooms. I took my umbrella, but didn't use it a sun hat was fine.
    I am trying to think of things you may want answered.
    Buses are delux. Hotels are first class. food is great. something for everyone. I am vegertarian, there was
    always fish on the menu.
    I lknow you will have a wonderful trip.
  • Options
    Crown:

I see you just got back from Egypt - was it Jewels along the NIle - Oct 20th departure? My husband and I were scheduled to go then but we got cold feet when they had those violent demostrations that killed Coptic Christians. We canclled very last minute and now I am dying to hear how it went....so if this was your tour please tell me details - how many people in the group, what were the positives, any negatives, any safety issues, how do you see the general atmosphere - do you think it will improve after the elections? Will appreciate any and all comments! thank you
  • Options
    You certainly missed a great trip. There were twelve in our group. People in Egypt were happy to see us and certainly made us feel welcome, they are certainly hurting because the tourist are not coming
    We saw no incidents and felt completely safe.
    The trip was first class all the way. everything ran like clockwork.
    I know that the people feel with the elections they are going in the right direction.
    I hope you make it one day it is certainly one of my favourite countries.
    Hope this helps
  • Options
    Maureen - Would you mind sending me an email as I have some questions I'd like to ask you. My email is flipperdo @ aol dot com. Thanks so much!
  • Options
    Kathie - I am going on the Feb 24th Egypt trip and was hoping when you return you could post how your trip went. Thanks so much.
  • Options
    Jillktheo - Hard to find the words to describe this trip. This was our first Tauck tour and it totally lived up to expectations. The hotels and accomodations were excellent - though I have to say that we especially liked the time on the Nile Adventurer. It's a beautiful and comfortable boat and the crew did everything they could to make the experience the best ever. It was very enjoyable to visit the temples and monuments without the crowds, but it also really makes you feel for the people of Egypt as they need the tourists so much. The day we went to the pyramids they were shrouded in fog! Who knew!

It is difficult to get a true gauge of what it going on there with the coverage that it on the news. We were never in any danger, or put in any uncomfortable situations. Cairo has a population of some 20 million or so, so the demonstations are really relatively small. Given that, it is hard to know what is going to transpire there in the near future. Its a very unsettling time, so keep current and keep in contact with Tauck. From what I understand they are changing the offerings for Egypt going forward due to the lack of interest. This tour can accomodate either 34 or 36 people, and we only had 19 - the tour after ours was to have even fewer.

Hope this helps - K.
  • Options
    Thanks Kathie - Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip and didn't run into any trouble. This will be our second with Tauck, we went to Tanzania which was awesome. We were scheduled for the Feb 23 trip but the Jewel of the Nile tour is gone. We are now going on the Egypt/Jordan tour in March which I have heard very good things about.

Thanks Again.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Glad to hear that Jillktheo found a way to see the Pyramids. The Jewels Along the Nile tour may be gone for 2012, but it is possible to do the "Egypt only" portion of the Egypt & Jordan tour. (Of course it will be shorter than the full monte tour would have been more days of tourism, but the shorter Egypt-only tour still embarks and departs from the Cairo International Airport.)
This discussion has been closed.