Options

English TV in China

Do any previous Tauck tour members know if there is any English TV in the hotels chosen by Tauck? Even CNN would be better than nothing!

Comments

• Options
    Hello Sandman,

There is very limited English -speaking TV programs in China. There is news station called CCTV that is in English and that will most likely be available at all the hotels.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    Well, China has a strict censorship toward media, and most of foreign TV channels are not accessible in mainland China, so you are advised to purchase an Ipad TV bar with you, which allows you watch foreign TV channels through internet. It's exactly what I did during my visit to a foreign country.
  • Options
    Thanks youngmichael, I will look into the Ipad TV bar. I received an email from the Regent in Bejing with their TV listings and it looked like there were a couple of english TV channels. I was hoping I would get more response from the hundreds of past visitors on this itinerary.
  • Options
    Youngmichael, I googled Ipad TV bar and could not find anything close to what you describe. Is there a better name for this device? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Well, China has a strict censorship toward media, and most of foreign TV channels are not accessible in mainland China, so you are advised to purchase an Ipad TV bar with you, which allows you watch foreign TV channels through internet. It's exactly what I did during my visit to a foreign country.

Hi youngmichael,

I am very interested in this as well. Can you please send a link of the product?

Thanks,
    Emily
  • Options
    Hi. We're headed to China April 30 & I too am interested in the iPad tvbar. (we especially want to keep up with world news) I've never heard of it. Does anyone have more information about it? Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.