Options

Thank-you to Jan Durkin!!

Hi Jan,
I wanted to let you know how very much I've appreciated all of your comments and suggestions about your travels with Tauck. Also, thank-you for sharing valuable information regarding Australia. My husband and I will be visiting Australia and New Zealand next year on a Tauck trip. You are quite an advocate for Tauck and definitely for your country, Australia! We are thoroughly looking forward to our visit. Again, thank-you!!
TL1971

Comments

• Options
    To Jan Durkin from Australia,
    I would also like to thank you for your informative comments on this forum. What I enjoy most is your positive outlook and humor. My husband and I have taken 7 wonderful Tauck tours and hope to go to Australia with Tauck in a year or so. Best to you in 2013!
    Must travel
  • Options
    TL19711 wrote:
    Hi Jan,
    My husband and I will be visiting Australia and New Zealand next year on a Tauck trip. You are quite an advocate for Tauck and definitely for your country, Australia! We are thoroughly looking forward to our visit. Again, thank-you!!
    TL1971

You're welcome, TL1971! I hope you're able to stay for a little longer than the tour. I'm a great advocate in getting the best value out of that international air fare. You'll need some time at the start just to get over the jet lag. You wouldn't want to spend the first couple of days so sleepy and disoriented that you could be anywhere! :( Or should that be :-0 ... bring your own matchsticks as eye props. I hope 2013 is a great traveling year for you.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    To Jan Durkin from Australia,
    My husband and I have taken 7 wonderful Tauck tours and hope to go to Australia with Tauck in a year or so. Best to you in 2013!
    Must travel

You're welcome, must travel! And hey, isn't it so much easier to do your travel research than it was in the olden days! I used to ask the travel girl at the bank questions and it took me a while to realise (after discovering that the requested "centrally-located hotel was really a half hour's commuter train ride from town) that the girl said the first thing that popped into her head, just to shut me up. Hmm.... like that would work. :)))

Try and time your visit to a shoulder season, or even winter. Winter in the southern states is Nothing like your northern winters, whilst southern summers here can be dreadfully hot. 40C is not uncommon in the southern states (bar Tasmania) and summer in the tropical north is terribly humid, wet and cyclone prone, particularly over the Christmas/New Year period. If you must come over Christmas, go to Tasmania. It's a little slice of heaven.

We really are a Lucky Country, so come on down and let some of it rub off on you, too. ;)

Happy New Year!

Jan
This discussion has been closed.