Options

Montserrat

We will be on the Pardors trip starting May 10, 2013, which includes a visit to Montserrat. I have a bad case of acrophobia and am wondering what the visit to Montserrat is like.

Comments

• Options
    Hello rdaniel10,

I will ask the tour manager and get back to you.

Thanks,
    Emily
  • Options
    I have been to Monserrat and it is up on the top/side of a short mountain. There are three ways to get to the top. A road that switchbacks up the mountains, a veinicular or train that runs from a station on the base to a station atop which connects to a train, and a ski type gondola that suspends on a cable. When you reach the top the road in walled off from the drop of the cliff with sidewalks on each side. The monestary is located on the mountain side with a two lane road between it and the "cliffs". To see down the "valley" you have to lean over the walls.Once inside the monestary you don't really seee much of the view but rather a beautiful courtyard that leads you into the cathedral which you can't miss. The Black Madonna is placed up on the second floor overlooking the alter and there is an entrance on the right that you can enter to climb up stairs to touch the Orb if you wish. You really see it for the fact that this was built in the Middle Ages anf the sheer beauty really will leave you with great memories. At our visit there was a farmer's market and we purchased some wonderful cheese to eat later. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.