Free Time

We are so looking foward to this trip in April. Just wondering what others have done in their free time. We will have a day before in Venice and a day after in Rome. Also, suggestions for good casual restaurants would be appreciated!

Comments

• Hi Rita,
    We are on this trip in July, we bought the Rick Steves Guides to try to get some ideas as to what we want to see and do during our free time. We are coming into Venice a day early as well and are thinking of taking the vaparetto to Murano & Burano or just strolling around and enjoying the cafes and sights. The hotel concierges are always a great source for restaurant recommendations, we use them whenever/wherever we go. Enjoy your trip and please post when you return!
  • I picked up his books from the library and copied the parts I might use.--I am doing the Classic Italy tour in Sept.
  • edited February 2013
    hi Rita, one of my colleagues went to Venice last year with his wife and I am also planning to go there this year. we were talking about good restaurants there and he told me about These restaurants in Venice Casin dei Nobili, Trattoria da Remigio. He told these restaurants are nice so may be can give a try.

• Thanks everyone. I'll pick up the Rick Steves guides. We are ready for some good restaurants as well so thanks for the tips. We are considering a trip to Murano to see the glass making. We may just decide to enjoy the local ambience and people watch.
This discussion has been closed.