Options

Russia and the Baltics June 5th

I am signed up to go on this tour. I live in Los Angeles. This will be my 6th Tauck trip. Wondering who is on the tour. Also, anyone who has gone this year please let me know how it went and what if anything I can do the first day as I am there by myself. I was thinking the Jewish area.

Comments

• Options
    Hi,
    We are going on this same trip, but I really have no information to share other than to speak with the concierge at the hotel for some help. We did this on a prior trip and it worked well.
    See you at the Welcome Dinner!
  • Options
    Madge wrote:
    I am signed up to go on this tour. I live in Los Angeles. This will be my 6th Tauck trip. Wondering who is on the tour. Also, anyone who has gone this year please let me know how it went and what if anything I can do the first day as I am there by myself. I was thinking the Jewish area.

We went on this trip a few years ago. The Jewish area in Vilnius is a short walk from your hotel (if you are staying at the Radisson Blue) There is a synagogue and two Jewish museums and a monument to the Jews who were deported. When we were there we rang the bell at the gate to the synagogue and luckily someone answered and showed us inside for a private tour. We also walked, ate, shopped in Old Town, walking from our hotel towards and up to the Citadel, which you can easiy see from just about anywhere. If you meander through the streets on your return walk, you can visit some of the churches that you say from the top of the hil. These are all easy walks. If you are interested there is also a small synagogue in old town in Riga.
This discussion has been closed.