extra day before tour

Hello All, : Trying to decide on what to do with our extra day before the tour. Although we will be in Sorrento, considering visiting Naples. Is anyone familiar with Spaccanapoli, (i've read this is, ' the name given to the long, straight street running down the middle of Naples ’scentro storico (historic center) and the surrounding neigbhorhood...takes you past peeling palaces, artisans’ workshops, many churches and street shrines, stores of all sorts, bars, and people young and old.'
Takes about 1/2 day. Would welcome any suggestions for that day. Getting closer folks!

Comments

• I have been reading up on what to do with my extra time in Sorrento and that is one of the things I am considering. Recommend getting Rick Steves travel book will give you what to do and were to go in Naples and 2 places for famous Pizza in were pizza 1st made. I am looking at taking ferry over to Naples. I am going to go to the musuem were all the artifacts from Pomepe are and do the walk down to the ferry.
  • thk u. very helpful!
  • We are planning to do Capri with one of our extra days and if we have time our travel agent also suggested Positano which she said was just lovely. We are counting the days now!
  • You will go through Positano on your Amalfi Coast trip oon the way to Ravello.

Sue
  • If you are planning a day in Naples, be sure to see the Archeological Museum; also the Museo Cappella Sansevero a short distance away. I learned of the latter from a Rick Steves show and the marble sculptures are among some of the most beautiful in Italy. Especially renowned is their "Veiled Christ" and other sculptures in the chapel. You can get a preview on the Museum's web site although the photos don't do justice. Be especially careful of pickpockets, purse thefts, etc. in Naples but with caution (casual dress, no jewelry, valuables hidden) you can have an enjoyable day.

Capri is a delightful experience if you avoid the crowds of summer.
  • Thanks Sue. I knew we would go through Positano but wasn't sure how much time we would actually spend there. So much to see and not enough time to see it all! We picked up our documents today...we are leaving a week from tomorrow ( Thursday). Coming in on Friday. Can't wait.
This discussion has been closed.