Options

Welcome to Tauck’s Costa Rica: Jungles & Rainforests Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s Costa Rica: Jungles & Rainforests Forum- Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Options
    We (myself & daughter age 11) are signed up for this Bridges trip in mid July (July 17to be exact).
    A few questions:
    -Anyone else on this trip?
    -Has anyone done any of the day excursions from Hotel Playa Hermosa, and if so, what would you recommend? We will be there two days before the trip starts, so would like to do something fun that won't be a repeat of what we're doing on the tour.
    -Has anyone done the snorkeling around Playa Hermosa, and if so, how was it?
    and finally - is it unbearably hot and humid in July?

Thanks!

• Options
    We did the Culturious trip last year. I can't answer your question about the hotel (our tour was at another). But as for the weather: It is very humid all the time, unless you go up into the mountains. Temperature is mid-80's but feels hotter. We STRONGLY recommend quick-dry clothing like the kind for hikers & kayakers. Do bring a pair of long pants for days in the rainforest; not jeans. The "zip" pants made by Columbia and the like are really helpful. Be sure to bring wet-wipes to wash your hands while out and about. It's a VERY tourism-friendly country, but some of the facilities away from the hotels are rustic.
  • Options
    Hi Marcy,
    My 10yo son and I are on the July 28 tour. I'd love to hear how your tour went and any suggestions or comments you might have. I also left you a private msg on the Dis Boards site, so a reply either place would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Options
    hi marcy and dave,
    my 13 yo grandson and i will be on the july 10 trip, arriving 2 days early and would also love to hear suggestions from other travelers about things to do before hand.

thanks,
    marilyn
  • Options
    Be sure to report back when you return. Am wondering how to spend our free days at Playa Hermosa in particular!
    Have a great time (or hope you had a great time!)
This discussion has been closed.