China Trip leaving May 2, 2013

Is anyone interested in joining a group for The Tour of Jewish Shanghai on Tuesday morning May 14? It visits The Peace Hotel,, a synagogue or two and the Old Ghetto. It is lead by an Israeli who has lived in Shanghai for many years.
It means giving up the visit the to Shanghai Urban Planning Center and the Shanghai museum in the morning. But, the afternoon is free and I plan on visiting the museum in the afternoon.

Susan Gellman

Comments

• My husband and I would be interested in joining a group for the tour of Jewish Shanghai that was described. How do we make arrangements?
    Emilie Schwartz
  • We took the tauck china trip a few years ago and loved it. Hope you have Larry as your tour leader, he is wonderful .we also took the tour of Jewish Shanghai from the Israeli tour guide on our last (extra) day in shanghai . It's a long tour but fascinating the whole time and well worth it. Enjoy your trip.
  • Emilie, I will contact the tour company and let them know you are interested. Thanks. Susan Gellman
  • Thanks, Susan. We look forward to meeting you.
    Emilie
  • edited April 2013
    Is anyone interested in joining a group for The Tour of Jewish Shanghai on Tuesday morning May 14? It visits The Peace Hotel,, a synagogue or two and the Old Ghetto. It is lead by an Israeli who has lived in Shanghai for many years.
    It means giving up the visit the to Shanghai Urban Planning Center and the Shanghai museum in the morning. But, the afternoon is free and I plan on visiting the museum in the afternoon.

Susan Gellman
    I think that my husband and I might be interested too. Is the tour by Dvir-Bar-Gal? We have a relative from Toronto that took a tour in Shanghai with him. Why can't the tour of Jewish Shanghai be in the afternoon?
    Louise F
  • I don't know why he only has the morning arrangements. I am going to contact the tour guide again to see if he has any additional possible participants. If there are only four of us, I don't think he would be interested.
    If any one is interested, you don't have to be Jewish to find this history experience to be fascinating. There was a positive mention in the April 2103 issue of Conde Nast Traveler for all to read.
    The guide is Dvir Bar-Gal. shanghaijews@hotmail.com
    facebook: www.facebook.com/JewishShanghaiTours
    Hope you all consider this opportunity. Looking forward to a marvelous trip.
  • Also on the may 2 trip. Have you gotten a response for an afternoon tour?
  • I did hear from the tour guide, Dvir Bar-Gal and he has put together a small tour for the morning of May 14th.

Emilie, I am waiting to hear about the specifics but we will be able to take his particular tour which I understand is really special. When I get the details, I will post them on this site or share them with you once we meet in Beijing. I am delighted we will be able to see this part of Shanghai history and his tour comes highly recommended.

If anyone else is interested, please contact Mr. Bar-Gal. He only runs these tours in the morning. There are other tour companies that might have alternative times.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
    Susan Gellman
This discussion has been closed.