Wine on MS Emerald in 20213

I know that wine is included with meals (lunch, dinner) on the riverboat on the French Escapade: Paris to Monte Carlo - Southbound tour in 2013 and it appears that "unlimited wine" will be available for at least some riverboat cruises in 2014 (at a higher overall tour price). I was just wondering if wine might be available for purchase on the riverboat between meals in 2013? Maybe someone who has previously taken the tour might know the answer.

Comments

• On the Amsterdam to Budapest trip I bought wine during our on shore excusions. There are great wines available for next to nothing as compared to North American prices. The crew gladly gave us glasses and we drank them in our room or the lounge. I am sure you can get wine at the bar but you won't get the local wines that are available on shore and they are easy to get.
    Gary
  • We were on the MS Swiss Emerald for the French Waterways and Vineyards tour. Wine was available during lounge hours. Our waiter at dinner always made sure to "fill" our wine glasses before we left the table!
  • tomh wrote:
    I know that wine is included with meals (lunch, dinner) on the riverboat on the French Escapade: Paris to Monte Carlo - Southbound tour in 2013 and it appears that "unlimited wine" will be available for at least some riverboat cruises in 2014 (at a higher overall tour price). I was just wondering if wine might be available for purchase on the riverboat between meals in 2013? Maybe someone who has previously taken the tour might know the answer.

Hello Tomh,

According to our River Cruising Product Manager - Wine not complimentary in between meals in 2013 but will be in 2014 on all itineraries/departures. Yes, wine will be available in between meals for purchase in 2013, assuming you are on ship.

Just a reminder that many R itineraries include wine tasting as part of shore excursion.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
This discussion has been closed.