Options

Gratuities for TD on French Riverboat Tour

Question directed at Tauck Emily. On the website for French Escape: Paris to Monte Carlo - Southbound, in the Need To Know section, you have All Inclusive and Not Included sections. In the All Inclusive section, you state that Tauck Directors and Tauck Cruise Director have been included in the tipping for the overall price of the tour. However, in the Not Included section, you state that the "Tauck Director" is listed here, i.e. should be tipped. Is this just a misprint on your website here or are the TDs not included in the "All Inclusive" section? I think I know the answer but I would like to hear from Tauck on this matter.

Comments

• Options
    The tips are included on the cruises--if you notice there is no drop down for the not include TD gratuity. I would say that is there cause it is always there on all tours.
  • Options
    crackers54, yes there is a drop down on the Not Included section re TD gratuities on both the Southbound ad Northbound Paris Escapade: Paris to Monte Carlo and Monte Carlo to Paris riverboat cruises for 2013. I also checked a few other European riverboat cruise tours and I also found this discrepancy on those sites too. This is why I requested that Tauck check these websites for this misstatement. I realize, based on various Tauck statements, that both TDs and the Tauck cruise director was included, but these statements in both All Inclusive and Not Included might be confusing for many people. Tauck just needs to clarify this by checking and removing the "TD Gratuities" in the NOT INCLUDED subsection of the online tours.
  • Options
    crackers54, I stand corrected. I just checked now and I see that the drop down menu of Not included with the TD gratuities was removed by Tauck. Earlier today (and yesterday, when I also checked) that statement was on the Not Included subsections. Problem solved/Question answered. :-)
  • Options
    Hi tomh,

Thank you for bringing that discrepancy to our attention. I had emailed our IT and Tour Management teams regarding the conflicting information on the "Need to Knows" and they must have fixed it.

Thanks You,
    Emily
  • Options
    For Tauck response:

I am travelling this summer on the French Waterways cruise. In looking at the website this morning I see the same contradiction. "Need to Know" area says TD and drivers (and others) gratuities are included, but the NOT INCLUDED drop down says gratuities the the TD and drivers are not included.

The correct answer is......???

Thank you,
    Calaf
  • Options
    On the riverboat cruises there are 3TD and their tip is included. You don't really get to know any of the bus drivers and there were 3 of them. So, no you do not tip all or them. It is included.
  • Options
    Each guest on a riverboat cruise is not actually assigned to one of the three TDs, and each day you may be in a different group with a different TD. Since you cannot identify one as "your" TD, it is less confusing to include the tips in the package price.
  • Options
    Calaf wrote:
    For Tauck response:

I am travelling this summer on the French Waterways cruise. In looking at the website this morning I see the same contradiction. "Need to Know" area says TD and drivers (and others) gratuities are included, but the NOT INCLUDED drop down says gratuities the the TD and drivers are not included.

The correct answer is......???

Thank you,
    Calaf

Hello Calaf,

There is a system glitch that our IT team is working on. Tips are indeed included on our river cruises.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
This discussion has been closed.