Options

First Time Riverboat Traveler

We are going on the Rhine/Moselle River cruise northbound in mid June. Is anyone else that is accessing this forum taking that trip?

Can anyone on past Tauck riverboat cruises confirm that I can use a flat iron on the boat with an adaptor?

Comments

• Options
    We took this riverboat trip last July and had a great time. Are you going in earlier to Basel? We did and had a nice time sightseeing in this delightful city. The hotel will give you a free ticket to ride the electric buses all around the city. Sorry, but my clothes don't wrinkle and you do NOT have to dress for dinner, so I can't answer your iron question. I did take my electric curling iron which is dual electric voltage and doesn't need an adaptor. I've taken it around the World for years and haven't blown any fuses. It is made especially for dual voltage.

Sheila
  • Options
    Sheila,I just read what you wrote about your electric curling iron which is dual electric voltage. Will you please tell me where you purchased
    it and what brand it is? I will need one in 2013. Thank you!

duchess
  • Options
    Although it was not this trip, but in Italy, my flatiron melted the converter. You may have to work really fast ( so it doesn't melt) or buy a dual voltage flat iron here. It's worth the investment (not that much) if you plan to do more international traveling. I know that Sally's Beauty Supply has them, perhaps Target as well.
  • Options
    Duchess,

I bought a Revlon dual voltage curling iron for about $10. at either Wal-Mart or Walgreens. It worked fine on our recent trip to the Dalmatian coast. I did not need a converter. I only needed the proper plug.
  • Options
    A word of warning. Don't attempt to use appliance that are not dual voltage. Only use European voltage products or dual voltage ones. ... with the appropriate plugs, of course!

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    Hi Duchess,

Just bought a new one at CVS Pharmacy -- it's a Conair. We were able to use my previous one on the River Boat with an adaptor for the plug. I also used it in India as well as Egypt. Just make sure it is dual voltage -- it has a wide barrel in the middle of the curling iron.

Sheila
This discussion has been closed.