A week in London and Paris - July 14, 2013

Is anyone else on the Week in London and Paris tour beginning July 14?

I am looking for suggestions on the following:

1. What kind of weather are we likly to encounter in mid-July?
2. What kind of clothing is appropriate on this tour?
3. What suggestions do you have for our extra dy in London prior to the tour and to extra days in Paris following the tour?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• We will be on this trip. Looking forward to seeing replies to your query. Retired couple presently living in Cary,NC. Originally from NY with stops in Florida and Boston.
  • Looks like you are the only one to reply so far! We are a not-quite-yet retired couple living in Western New York, where we have been all our lives. We have two adult sons, two lovely daughters-in-law and three young grandchildren. This will be our first trip with Tauck but in the last couple of years we have done a trip to Italy with Perillo and a land/sea trip to Alaska with Holland America. Both were great experiences with many friendly people - looking forward to the same with Tauck this summer!
  • We are also on the Bridges London and Paris tour the week of July 14. Can't wait. I do not have info on what kind of weather we should expect, but was just hoping to find out more about our travel companions. We are a family of four from Iowa. Our daughter is 20 and our son is 14. Wondering if there are any other kids around those ages.....
  • I have researched weather and spoke to a gentleman from London who used to run a trave l agency. Told me we are most likely to have cool weather in London with expectation of rain. Everyonce in a while may get warmer weather. Look for ranges from 50's to 70's. gues we'll need a fleece or warm jacket,umbrella plus some summer short sleeve shirts. Tol me Paris runs a little warmer. First trip with Tauck but have heard good things. See you all soon.
  • Baw55 wrote:
    Is anyone else on the Week in London and Paris tour beginning July 14?

I am looking for suggestions on the following:

1. What kind of weather are we likly to encounter in mid-July?
    2. What kind of clothing is appropriate on this tour?
    3. What suggestions do you have for our extra dy in London prior to the tour and to extra days in Paris following the tour?

Thanks in advance!
    Just got back from the June 2 Castles and Kings! It was awesome! The weather is variable and much warmer than expected so plan accordingly. The dress is very casual and most of the kids wore shorts, even to the theatre and on the last night! ! Colllared shirt and Khakis for the men is the dressiest for men and maybe a skirt for women! Most important: be comfortable! Plan to maybe get wet on the speedboat ride!

If you have extra days in France, try to go to Normandy to the invasion sites. It is a good ways away but a fantastic place to visit.
  • Just got back from the June 2 Castles and Kings! It was awesome! The weather is variable and much warmer than expected so plan accordingly. The dress is very casual and most of the kids wore shorts, even to the theatre and on the last night! ! Colllared shirt and Khakis for the men is the dressiest for men and maybe a skirt for women! Most important: be comfortable! Plan to maybe get wet on the speedboat ride!

If you have extra days in France, try to go to Normandy to the invasion sites. It is a good ways away but a fantastic place to visit.

Wendytennis,
    I'm glad you had a great trip! Do you remember what time the morning activities ended on Tuesday (Windsor Castle) and Wednesday (British Museum)? Some of our group may be looking at doing something different in the afternoon on those days, and I don't want to schedule anything and not allow enough time. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.