Options

Classic Italy September 18

We are from the midwest taking the Classic Italy tour on September 18. We would like to correspond with other people also on the September 18, tour.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2013
    My husband and I and two of our friends are also on this tour for two weeks. We live outside of Chicago and our friends
    are from New Jersey.
  • Options
    Carol,

We live in the Quad Cities and our daughter and her family live in Naperville - we will be flying out of Chicago on September 16 - when are you departing? I assume you are also leaving from ORD.

It would be great if we could meet prior to our departing date.

We will be meeting some friends who we met four years ago on a Tauck Tour in Scandinavia. They are from Rhode Island. They will probably fly from Boston.
  • Options
    We are flying out Friday the 13 and going to Rome for a few days.
  • Options
    I just started checking the message board for the 9/18 Classic Italy Tour and saw your post. My husband and I and two of our friends are also on the same tour. We are arriving a day early on 9/17 in hopes of taking a tour of Capri before the Welcome Reception. We are from California. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
  • Options
    We are also arriving a day early - we are with some friends who we met on our Scandinavian Tour a few years ago.
    My wife and I have been doing some research as to what to do during free time and researching restaurants through travel guides and Trip Advisor.
    We are also looking forward to meeting everyone - thank you for taking the time to reply.
  • Options
    Hi all, my husband and I are also on the 9/18 tour to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We live in VA outside of D.C.
    Carol, I grew up in Oak Park. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
  • Options
    Hi Everyone
    My husband and I are from Long Island, NY and we are traveling with our good friends also from Long Island. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
  • Options
    We are also arriving a day early from NJ and hoping to see Capri before welcome reception. Rich & Kathy H
  • Options
    Hi Everyone! We are also from Long Island "nancygus" We are celebrating our 40th anniversary. We are arriving a day early and hope to "drift" around Venice before the tour begins. A little us time:-) We are looking forward to meeting everyone and are very excited about our first trip to Italy!
  • Options
    We are getting excited about meeting everyone. I (Carol) am from Long Island also. We live in chicago area now. Is everyone as confused as I am about packing for a long trip in a single suitcase. I guess there must be a trick to it because I feel clueless.
  • Options
    I'm not sure of how or what to pack,slacks,shorts???Guess I'll work it out but ONE bag.LOL Glad I'm not alone in "cluelessness. Looking forward to a great group and a wonderful trip!
  • Options
    Does anyone know if we need both electrical converter and adapters for cell phones, razors, etc.
  • Options
    Bring a European adaptor. Most phones, cameras, and laptops accept both 240 and 120V, but some other appliances are not as forgiving and need convertors.

We are two more Californians. Our arrival is late enough that we will probably spend the first day recovering from traveling in steerage. Looking forward to meeting all of you on what promises to be a great trip. I will be the person carrying a stupid amount of camera equipment and luring the gypsies away from the rest of you in Rome, while my wife will be a redhead with a smile of acceptance
  • Options
    We are taking a bag each and a small collapsible duffle as a carryon. Bed Bath & Beyond sells travel space bags that allow you to fit more in and also keep things protected(great for dirty laundry). Also, anyone from NJ or NY travelling Alitalia out of JFK the 16th @ 5:00?
  • Options
    Great so many people are communicating - looking forward to meeting everyone - we are originally from New York . Glad I started this with my original post.
    Question for R.Hunt - is the small duffle bag a Bric's X Travel Duffel Bag 22"?
  • Options
    No, it came with Nautica luggage set---canvas 21" X 10 X 9. Thought it would fold into bottom of bigger suitcase while on actual tour.
  • Options
    My sister and I will be joining the Sept. 18th. Tour. We will be flying into Venice from Philadelphia on the 17th. she coming from Pittsburgh, and myself from Boston. It will be our first trip to Italy. I am very concerned about the rampant pickpocketing especially in Rome. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
  • Options
    Patty B wrote:
    My sister and I will be joining the Sept. 18th. Tour. We will be flying into Venice from Philadelphia on the 17th. she coming from Pittsburgh, and myself from Boston. It will be our first trip to Italy. I am very concerned about the rampant pickpocketing especially in Rome. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hello Patty B,

We ask that all guests, as always, practice safe travel measures and be aware of your surroundings at all time whenever traveling abroad or domestic. Here is a link to a travel forum thread that you may find helpful: http://www.tauck.com/yaf/default.aspx?g=posts&t=3535

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    Someone on my recent Australia tour gave me good advice. Keep money in your pocket and make it pick pocket proof with safety pins. Also, make sure to put valuables in a money belt under your clothes.

And yes you nd to be alert. If there is a commotion around to draw your attention to there very well might be picket pockets around helping themselves to your money.

I am on the Sept. 4th trip.
  • Options
    My husband and I are going on Classic Italy tour Aug 28 leaving from Naples. We are from St.Louis and would love to connect with anyone else going on the tour. Very excited to be going on our first Tauck tour- celebrating retirement/ anniversary etc.
  • Options
    My friends Carole and Ron are coming from Illinois. First time Italy travelers! We are arriving on Tuesday to spend a day in Capri. Anxious to get there and meet everyone !!
This discussion has been closed.