emily how many single travelers on 9/4 tour

Just wondering how many single travelers on the 9/4 Classic Italy tour

Another question. I want to make reservations for the Borghese Gallery on the day we arrive in Rome. It is not far from the hotel. I was wondering is it better to make them at 4 or 4:30. Some who took this tour said they arrived at 3:15 and they took a taxi to make their 3:30 reservation.

Comments

• resend for emily
  • I thought you might enjoy a few tidbits for touring the Borghese even though you addressed your query to Emily. Reservations are for 2-hour blocks of time. Only those with tickets for that block are permitted inside the gallery and you must be present when your block opens or they will re-sell your spot. (no refunds!) The current reservation site is showing blocks from 3-5PM and 5-7PM. When we booked, I wasn't sure how long it would take to tour the gallery and we didn't want to miss the planned dinner at the hotel, so I chose an earlier time. In hindsight, we could have done the last tour and still made dinner as it didn't take us the entire 2 hours to enjoy the gallery using the below mentioned "2nd floor 1st" plan. Others in our group toured the Borghese the day after we arrived in Rome, but they also gave up most of their free time to explore the rest of the Rome by doing so. Of course, any reservation on a travel day is contingent on a number of unknown factors. We took a chance and it paid off!

Tip #1 - After picking up your tickets, get in line at the front doors. (Don't get too aggravated at the students pushing through the crowd at the last minute to get in front of you!) When the doors open for your reservation time, head directly upstairs. Everyone starts on the bottom floor. By the time you finish viewing the collections on the 2nd floor, everyone from downstairs will be working their way up and you will have the 1st floor to yourself.

Tip #2 - Learn about the artists and the collections in the gallery before you go. We downloaded several Italian Art History guides to our Ipad for the plane trip over. Bernini, Caravaggio, Titian, Rubens, to name a few of the masters you will find in the Borghese. My favorite is the amazingly fluid sculpture of Apollo and Daphne by Bernini.

I know you will enjoy your visit!

Beth
  • Hi crackers54,

As of this posting, it looks like there are 6 solo travelers on this tour. Please note that this number may change as the travel date approaches.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • BethC wrote:
    I thought you might enjoy a few tidbits for touring the Borghese even though you addressed your query to Emily. Reservations are for 2-hour blocks of time. Only those with tickets for that block are permitted inside the gallery and you must be present when your block opens or they will re-sell your spot. (no refunds!) The current reservation site is showing blocks from 3-5PM and 5-7PM. When we booked, I wasn't sure how long it would take to tour the gallery and we didn't want to miss the planned dinner at the hotel, so I chose an earlier time. In hindsight, we could have done the last tour and still made dinner as it didn't take us the entire 2 hours to enjoy the gallery using the below mentioned "2nd floor 1st" plan. Others in our group toured the Borghese the day after we arrived in Rome, but they also gave up most of their free time to explore the rest of the Rome by doing so. Of course, any reservation on a travel day is contingent on a number of unknown factors. We took a chance and it paid off!

Tip #1 - After picking up your tickets, get in line at the front doors. (Don't get too aggravated at the students pushing through the crowd at the last minute to get in front of you!) When the doors open for your reservation time, head directly upstairs. Everyone starts on the bottom floor. By the time you finish viewing the collections on the 2nd floor, everyone from downstairs will be working their way up and you will have the 1st floor to yourself.

Tip #2 - Learn about the artists and the collections in the gallery before you go. We downloaded several Italian Art History guides to our Ipad for the plane trip over. Bernini, Caravaggio, Titian, Rubens, to name a few of the masters you will find in the Borghese. My favorite is the amazingly fluid sculpture of Apollo and Daphne by Bernini.

I know you will enjoy your visit!

Beth

Thank you for the helpful info. I will probably do the 5-7 and eat after. I don't want to have to rush for a 3PM start. Will hope for a 4:30 time.
This discussion has been closed.