Options

Rhine & Moselle - May 26, 2013

The weather reports that it will be in the mid 50's to mid 60's with some rain. Is this pretty typical for this time of the year? I guess we shouldn't pack shorts and tees.

Also, does anyone know how long the bus ride is from Basel to Lucerne?

Comments

• Options
    I went the beginning of May a few years ago and I remember wearing long pants the whole time. I had beautiful weather for the whole trip. But yes would say no shorts. Funny my weather app on Oslo, Norway is giving highs around 75 some days this week and that is more north than you will be.

Hope you have really nice weather like I did for your float up the Rhine for the castle viewing. We were able to enjoy the whole ride above deck.
  • Options
    I went on the Swiss Jewel May 2-14, 2013, Amsterdam to Basel. I had checked the weather reports before I left home, so I was prepared. No shorts or tees. It was cold and rainy several days. I used my gloves, scarf, and 4 layers upper body on those days. Cool other days. Only 2 days went to the high 60's. Even when the Tauck directors warned us to bring umbrellas on our shore excursions, about 12 people had to run into shops to buy umbrellas to protect themselves from the heavy rain. I will not go to to western Europe again in May.
This discussion has been closed.