Treasures of the Aegean-Northbound

We are starting our tour June 12, 2013 from Athens. What is Tauck doing with the Istanbul portion. The hotel appears very near the center of the protest.

Comments

• Hello Tenny,

I have passed along your question and concern to the tour manager and will let you know what I hear back.

Best,
    Emily
  • Hello Tenny,

We understand your concern. We are monitoring the situation closely and we have contingency plans in plave to relocate guests if needed. Currently we are in continued contact with local suppliers, and security contacts.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • We are leaving for this tour in about 2 weeks. Would like to get updates as to changes that Tauck may have to implement as the situation is evolving in Istanbul, and the proximity of the hotel to the rally.
  • The hotel is on one end of the park with the protests. Taksim Square is at the other end of the park. The park is only a few blocks long. Unfortunately, a lot of interesting areas to walk to from the hotel require you to go through or near the square. In any event, I hope you don't consider cancelling. This is our favorite Tauck tour. (We started in mid-June too). It is fabulous.
  • We took this trip in 2011. Our arrival in Athens was the first night of the demonstrations with 50,000 people in the square in front of our hotel. Tauck handled everything expertly, we were never fearful, and the experience was something we will never forget. As was previously mentioned, the hotel in Instanbul is at the other end of the park from Taksim Square. Although you need to walk to or through the square for many of the shopping/dining options, there is also plenty in the other direction or by taxi. Have a great trip.
This discussion has been closed.