Options

reykjvik-the pearl and saga museum

I have been trying to find out just what the July 30 tour will be doing in reykjvik to not repeat on our extra day there. Can anyone tell us is the SAGA museum and inside of the Pearl is visited or do we only go there for lunch. I would also like to know just what is included in the walking tour of reykjavik and how long it is

Comments

• Options
    Last year when I did this tour, we only had lunch at Perlan and then went to the National Museum. We did not have time to do the Saga Museum. On the extra day that I was there, we took the Hop On- Hop Off bus around. I went to the Settlement Museum which was the excavation of an original Viking settlement dating from around 872. I also went to the large church and went to the top. Tauck took us there but we only had time to look around inside the church but not go up to the top.
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply, Kathy. We are on the July 30 tour as well. Is it possible to buy the hop on - hop off bus tickets at the hotel? Did you exchange money at the hotel or through an ATM? Not sure how much we should get, we're not big shoppers.
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply, Kathy. We are on the July 30 tour as well. Is it possible to buy the hop on - hop off bus tickets at the hotel? Did you exchange money at the hotel or through an ATM? Not sure how much we should get, we're not big shoppers.

Hi Blues Cruisers,

We purchased the hop on hop off online before we left home. I do not know if the hotel sells them, but I believe that you can purchase them from the driver when you get on. There was an ATM in the hotel. Again I am not sure if the hotel would exchange money or one has to use the ATM. My friend lives in an area where her bank was able to get some Icelandic Krona before we left the states. We were in Iceland a few extra days so we needed money for that, but once the tour began, most of what I spent was on souvenirs so it was probably not that much.
This discussion has been closed.