Visa's for Brazil

This may be a question for Tauck staff, but wondered what was up with Brazilian visa's. Sounds like there is definately a window of opportunity to send application paperwork (not more than 90 or less than 50 days ahead) to document service but am not getting warm fuzzies on documents being returned on time due to some software issue. Any advice?

Comments

• Is there a Brazilian Consulate close to you? We applied at one near us and received the Visa in three weeks.
  • Hi OlySue, TravelGuy,

Brazilian visas can be difficult to obtain, depending on which embassy you have to use (Brazil is jurisdictional, you can only use the embassy assigned for your state). Below is a list of the more difficult embassies/consulates. If a jurisdiction is not on here, then the normal processing time would be 3 – 4 weeks anytime between September and February. Of course, all of this can change at a moment’s notice, but these are the guidelines our team uses right now when we advise guests.

LENGTHY VISA PROCESSING TIMES SEPTEMBER THROUGH FEBRUARY

ATLANTA – 21+ business days
    CHICAGO 20+ business days: Must have 2 blank pages side by side
    HOUSTON 15+ business day: Signature on visa must match passport signature
    L.A. 28+ business days
    D.C. 16+ business days: Applications cannot be folded

Hope this helps!

Best,
    Tim
  • Lie to them. Tell them you need the visa 2 weeks before you do.
  • doliverga - Thanks for the brilliant suggestion. A little fudging never hurt anyone:)
  • edited July 2011
    Just wanted to let you know that we applied for Brazilian VISA's during the month of July using the forms etc. provided on the Tauck site with great success. We had our VISA's in less than 14 days! Also, we were informed that the 90 day restrictive period before arrival has been lifted. You can actually apply and use the VISA for 5 years.
  • Great news, RdytoGo. I shipped my packet off about 10 days ago, so sounds like I should keep my eyes peeled.
This discussion has been closed.