Flight Back to US

United keeps changing the time that we will be leaving Vancouver to DC on our return trip. It's now booked around 12:03 PM. Are we cutting it too close for comfort or does anyone know if that is still plenty of time. We are on the July trip.

Comments

• Have you called them to see if there is a better time for you that they can put you on. I did that once when Jet Blue chngd my time.

Last year I took several flights to and from my Australia/New Zealand trip and had at least 3 of my flight times chngd. Seems the airlines are doing that a lot lately.
  • We returned just a few days ago from the Grand Canadian Rockies tour (I'll be posting a delayed daily blog soon). We flew United from Baltimore to Vancouver, connecting in Chicago; and then from Calgary to Baltimore, connecting in Chicago. United changed flights at least five times from the time we booked until we departed. Hearing the horror stories about O'Hare, I was concerned with having only an hour connection time between flights. Luckily, everything was on time.
  • I'm more interested in the time we have in Vancouver on the return. From the ship to the airport. Tauck suggest flights after 12:00 and since my flight is right at 12:00 I'm concerned about missing flight back home. United does not have anything until late in evening so I would really like to keep my 12:00 flight. When do we leave ship and arrive at airport? Will I have enough time to clear customs and check into the flight back home?
  • JK wrote:
    United keeps changing the time that we will be leaving Vancouver to DC on our return trip. It's now booked around 12:03 PM. Are we cutting it too close for comfort or does anyone know if that is still plenty of time. We are on the July trip.

For the benefit of future travelers, it's hard to say whether right at noon will work or not. The departures from the ship are scheduled in phases and you won't know your time of disembarkation until the latter part of the cruise. We were among the first groups off about 8:00 am, but that may not always be the case with Tauck groups. We opted to stay one night in Vancouver since we had never been there, and I am so glad we did. It is a gorgeous city and it gave us time to decompress. Those from our group who stayed (6 of us) were happy not to have to endure a day of airplane travel right after getting off the ship.

Our group of 6 arranged through the hotel concierge to get a personal city tour in a mini-bus that holds 10. It cost $77/couple after the credit card currency conversion which is slightly less than the tour buses. It was perfect -- the driver let us choose the length of the tour (we opted for 3 hours) and he took us where we wanted to go based upon our research and his recommendations. This is definitely the way to go if some of your Tauck group opts to stay over in Vancouver one night.
This discussion has been closed.