WALKING ON CHINA TOUR

IS THERE MUCH WALKING ON THIS TOUR? I AM SIGNED UP FOR AUG.28TH CHINA, YANGTZE RIVER TOUR AND SOMEONE FROM ANOTHER COMPANY TOLD ME THERE WAS A LOT OF WALKING INVOLVED. I HAVE COPD AND THOUGH I AM QUITE ACTIVE (WORK,MAINTAIN LARGE HOME ,GO TO GYM ETC. I CANNOT DO A LOT OF WALKING. I AM NOT UNDER ANY TREATMENT EXCEPT TO LIMIT MY WALKING. ANY ADVICE?

Comments

• My husband and I went on this tour in April. Most days the walking was manageable or even minimal. The trip to the Great Wall can be done without much walking, as we ride up on the gondola and have the option to ride down on the gondola instead of walking down. The biggest challenge would be in Beijing when we walked through Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. I have a pedometer and some days I walked less than a mile, most days I walked between one and two miles, and on only a couple days did I walk longer. Not all of the walking was at once, but spread out across the day. You will be able to arrange for a cart at all the airports, which will cut that down a bit. Hope this is helpful.
  • thank you so much
This discussion has been closed.