Feedback on Classic Italy Tour

For anyone having gone on this tour 1) when did you go? 2) how was the weather? 3) how were the crowds? 4) would you recommend it? 5) was dress an issue? Specifically, we are considering the last trip offered this year beginning October 26 because we prefer cooler temperatures when traveling, fewer tourists/crowds and overall tour/air fares are significantly less. Has anyone traveled in Italy the last week in October, first week in November? How was the weather? crowds? the tour? would you recommend it? Thank you for taking the time for feedback.

Comments

• We went in mid September. The weather was great. We never had oppresive heat. Most days were warm and sunny. I think we only had rain on one day.

Crowds were never really an issue. When we went they still did the Vatican during the day. That was pretty busy but now that should not be a problem.

You could dress pretty much as you please except, as Tauck notes, for certain churches where they have a dress code. For almost all of the included meals, neat casual clothing was fine. Everyone dressed up a little for the final dinner but that was about it.

Tauck is certainly not the least expensive tour operator, but you will find that you get what you pay for. Before our first tour, they seemed kind of pricey, but after we did it, we understood why. If you have not toured with them before I think you will be very pleased. They are incredibly organized. They take care of everything. Once you meet your tour director, you will have nothing to do but enjoy yourself.

Hope you have a great time.
  • We went the first week of October and it was very hot the first week or so of the tour. By the end of the tour, the weather was more enjoyable. The end of October should be much more pleasant. You are with Tauck, so crowds are seldom an issue. They always seem to find a way to work around the busy areas. I would highly recommend this tour! I would go again in an instant. As for dress, daytime wear is mostly casual, but be sure to wear something that covers knees and shoulders when you enter the churches. Most people dress a little nicer for the evening meals. Several nights the men wore sport coats.
  • Thanks for the two responses . . . we are particularly interested if anyone has done this tour at the END of October, first week in November, and if so . . . what is the weather like. The Italian tourism websites are not to encouraging :-(. Rod
This discussion has been closed.