Options

August 15th trip

Is anyone going on the August 15th trip? We are leaving from North Carolina and will be coming in a day early to Munich.

Comments

• Options
    I just came back from the July 23rd tour of the Ultimate Alps. It was extremely warm in the Alps but we did not have any rain. Our group was only 25 people and they were all terrific. The scenery was unbelievable and the food was good and our Tour Guide Janine and driver Sepp were the best. We did have a blip in our mostly smooth trip and that was that our driver that was suppose to take us to the airport at the end of the tour failed to show. It was nerve wracking and upsetting to leave over 45 minutes late and have the driver have to travel fairly fast to make up the time. Not too pleasant as if you miss the plane everything and everyone will be off schedule. I hope Tauck addresses this problem as I know it was not the first time this has happened. The week before apparently the same thing happened to another couple. I will be sending Mr Tauck a note about this! Otherwise a great trip!
  • Options
    We were on the July 4-15th trip. The weather was great and the tour was great. Our blip was checked bags not making the flight into Munich. Despite our best efforts in reporting that to the airline guest services on arrival and our tour director's efforts to get the m to us while still in Munich we didn't get them until 10:30pm at our second hotel in Seefeld. Three days in the same clothes....no one recognized us the next morning! The hotel in Cortina wasn't Tauck's usual standard but it was just one night and we all survived to travel another day. Based on reviews I bet that will be changed soon. Tauck's handling of the special events was excellent as usual...especially at Neuschwanstein Castle. There were 1000's of people there but Tauck made sure we didn't have to fight our way through the crowds for anything. It definitely was a hi-lite! The tour, weather, director Anna, driver Stephan were delightful. Our group of travelers bonded well, especially during the first evening's dinner party. What fun that was! So JanRich, have a wonderful time. The trip will be all you're expecting and more.
This discussion has been closed.