Summer 2013 Canadian Maritimes~Just returned

I'm proud to say that this was my 8th tour with Tauck. We just came back from the Maritimes and enjoyed the great cool weather, the beautiful vista views, friendly tour group and excellent seafood cuisine. Our tour guide Tom was very knowledgeable about the regions, talented in song and used great sense of humor in his descriptions and conversations.
Graham our driver was the most pleasant, courteous and experienced driver I ever had.

The Bay of Fundy, Hopewell Rocks in New Brunswick was our favorite experience ( a great naturalist guide) followed by the Gaelic College in Cape Breton where we participated in a cultural demonstration, watched a master kilt maker transformed tartan fabric into the modern-day quilt and enjoyed hearing Gaelic language and song. The spa at the Keltic Lodge was a wonderful relaxing experience.

Be prepared to sit in the bus for hours at a time to complete this 1,450 mile tour. Even with frequent stops, the riding was tiresome . The sites along Cabot Trail were beautiful but not worth the final destination, visiting the Centre de La Mi-Creme, a shop filled with amateurish masks, no gifts to purchase and childish demonstrations. French cuisine or French cultural demonstrations could have been experienced in this delightful and quaint small French town. The ferry ride from Cape Benton to NS was a nice change of transportation and scenery.

For the price of this tour, I was very disappointed that no beverages were severed on the Halifax Harbor cruise or that whale watching was not included! I also was interested in participating in more of the Maritime cultural experiences. May I suggest better quality and variety of hors d'oeuvres to be served at the welcome and farewell receptions. Plenty of drinks are available but for those who don't consume a lot of alcohol, good appetizers would be appreciated.

The farewell dinner at the Gio in Halifax was exceptional and the lobster dinner at New Glasgow Lobster Suppers was outstanding.

So if you like to enjoy all the seafood you can eat, view some breathtaking sites, experience some of the culture and inhale some of the freshest air in the world, this is the trip for you!
Skoo

Comments

• We were on the July trip too and everything Skoo is saying, I totally agree with. Graham was a wonderful driver and the group leader was a delight.

"For the price of this tour, I was very disappointed that no beverages were severed on the Halifax Harbor cruise or that whale watching was not included! I also was interested in participating in more of the Maritime cultural experiences. May I suggest better quality and variety of hors d'oeuvres to be served at the welcome and farewell receptions. Plenty of drinks are available but for those who don't consume a lot of alcohol, good appetizers would be appreciated." Agree.

I never had to use the converter for blow dryers or a curling iron at any of the hotels.

Comfortable walking shoes are a must.

I cannot add anything useful to what Skoo said. I bet you were on the same trip!
This discussion has been closed.