Options

Transfers from airport

Will our travel documents contain the name and contact number of our tour guide? I ask because I've never had good luck with included airport transfers, i.e., nobody's ever shown up and I've ended up taking a cab to the hotel (each time this has happened, the tour guide reimbursed me for the cost of the cab fare which is fine after the fact but didn't solve the problem of me being stranded at the airport in the first place). I'm confident Tauck will be better than the other tour companies I've used, but just in case, I'm wondering if I will be provided a local phone number to call in case the transfer is late or doesn't materialize.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Your documents won't contain the name and contact number of your tour director. They do contain a contact number of the service that will pick you up though. We have never had a problem with getting picked up at the airport. Our ride has always been there waiting for us. We've been on 8 Tauck tours and just signed up for our 9th tour. Happy Travels!
  • Options
    We have not had any trouble with a Tauck transfer. We had one cheerfully greet us at the Santiago airport at 3 in the morning!!! We are doing our fifth Tauck tour this August.
  • Options
    Thank you both. It's comforting to know that I'll have the phone number of the service who'll pick us up and that we'll be picked up even in the wee hours of morning if our flight gets delayed (that was my other concern; we're booking our own air and will get into Venice in plenty of time but I was wondering if Tauck had an obligation to come get us at the airport even if the flight gets delayed or something).

We're looking forward to this trip!
  • Options
    I took this tour in July. We arrived a few days early and had no trouble with the airport transfer. After you get your luggage exit the baggage area and and individual will be there holding a Tauck sign. They will walk you to the water taxi stand and then off you go to the hotel. Very easy and hassle free for sure! In your travel documents it clearly tells you what to do (and who to call) if your flights are delayed. We were about 30 minutes late and it wasn't a problem at all. Enjoy the tour!
  • Options
    Hi Denise. Thank you for the information. Our travel documents arrived and as you said, they contained instructions and phone numbers to call for delays.

Since you took this tour recently, I was wondering if you remembered whether each hotel had working WiFi? I researched each hotel and their websites claim they do but I'm curious what your experience was.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Our flight from NY lands at the Venice airport 11:10 AM. Can anyone tell me what time I can expect to arrive at the Luna Hotel Baglioni?
  • Options
    Hi Lori,

Venice’s Marco Polo International Airport is approximately 6 miles (10 kilometers) away from the Luna Hotel Baglioni; travel time is about 30-40 minutes. Transfers from the airport to the hotel are included, provided we have complete and current arrival flight information at least two weeks prior to departure.

-Tim
This discussion has been closed.